Synology (216j) quota?

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am setting up 3 cameras for a friend for their condo in florida. I was able to pick up a synology 216j for a great price. Put 2 - 3tb drives in it and we are off to the races. I was able to get the 3 cameras to see the nas and format the drives correctly - the problem is I cant set a quota on the nas, so the cameras see all 2.7 tb - each camera has its own folder (NFS). The nas is going to hold some files (movies, pics, documents, etc..) along with the camera data. since each camera sees the entire volume, will it fill up the entire drive in a first come first serve basis? Ideally I want to give each cameras 250gb or so but cant seem to figure out how to do it. On my freenas system it was easy.. set a quota and you are done.. Any thoughts or advice?

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks for the advice... you were correct.. took a little while though.. turns out you have to turn off the recycle bin in the synology and then make sure you actually delete it from the share. Kept getting device error on the format - until I deleted the recycle bin. all is well now!