System Crash

PawnDaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
The 64-bit version of Blue Iris has been crashing my system for a couple of months now. I have built a new system with new and better components and have had the same experience. I think I have narrowed down when the crash occurs. It seems to be with the audio. I have my system configured to sound an audio file when a trigger occurs. I have grouped 3 of my cameras together. When a member of this group is triggered I get rapid fire sessions of audio playback and my system crashes. The audio will hang and the Crash occurs. There is no event log when this occurs of course since the operating system has no idea what has happened. I feel that if the software was changed to prevent successive, Rapid Fire audio output, this might correct my problem.

Reaction score
What are the specs of your system? Motherboard MFG, Processor, memory etc?

Did you go to the motherboards manufacture website and download all of the latest drivers for your motherboard?

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are u using the same drive with the program loaded on it or did you upgrade to a new drive with a fresh install?

PawnDaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, they think it's hardware related since there is no record in the logs

PawnDaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running my second AsRock with AMD FX 8 core processor and 16Gig memory. Using AMD TI750 GPU.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled after new motherboard/CPU build
Did you use the same components when you re-installed on the new motherboard? Same memory, same video card? If you did you may want to start pulling components one by one to try to determine which component is causing the issue.

PawnDaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed...... I have once again rebuilt my system with an ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0. All other components are the same as failing system. So far, the system is stable and doing very I have configured the system exactly as the previous as best as I can remember, but I am having to go from memory since my trial. Has expired and I had to reinstall. I am not getting the Rapid Fire audio alarms as I was on the failing system. Interesting.... I am trying to learn the software and tweak my system. I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. Thanks to all those who replied, I'm sure you will be hearing more from me and I look forward to your support.