system replacement recommendation

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I had an amcrest qcam3 system that worked great for 10 months before the network portion of the NVR failed not allowing me to access on my phone app or computer, only the tv screen directly hooked up to the NVR. Have confirmed the network card is bad via tech support.The system still works and records but i really need to be able to remote access when i am away from home on my phone to check for packages and if the alarm co calls.

Can you all recommend a POE system to go with? want to stay at our under 1000. I had an extra hikvioson dome camera setup on the system with a poe switch and like the camera not too hard to configure and stores video on a micro SD card incase my NVR gets stolen. Acrest says the qcam3 cameras only work with a qcam system and none of their NVR's will support their qcam3 cameras excepth the qcam 3 nvr which isnt for sale anymore. So i am done with amcrest. It was easy to setup and worked great till the network card died after 10 months.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any thoughts on building your own system? You can almost always get cameras with better all-around image quality (like the Dahua Starlight model) than what typically come in the ready-to-go "kits".

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
no problem building my own but i want sometihnmg 3-4 or more MP that is 20+ FPS and doesnt take a degree in IT to get setup

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
no problem building my own but i want sometihnmg 3-4 or more MP that is 20+ FPS and doesnt take a degree in IT to get setup
start reading the forum..4mp is not always better than 2mp...learn before you waste money on garbage.

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks that is true, I went with a hikvision dome added onto my amcrest system running at 2 mp because it had a better frame rate and field of view on the front porch where I needed a better camera than amcrest 3mp bullet that was slow frame rate and field of view. There is just so much to pick from I want to get good cameras this time.

I wish I could find a list of recommendations that is current for good equipment. Under 1000 is preferred for 4 cameras and nvr

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks that is true, I went with a hikvision some added onto my amcrest system running at 2 mp because it had a better frame rate and field of view on the front porch where I needed a better camera than amcrest 3mp bullet that was slow frame rate and field of view. There is just so much to pick from I want to get good cameras this time.

I wish I could find a list of recommendations that is current for good equipment. Under 1000 is preferred for 4 cameras and nvr
it exists..you just need to search...start with the dahua starlight threads