System Upgrade

Dytryn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys -

I am looking to replace/upgrade my home system. I want to be certain that I can CLEARLY make out a face if needed as there have been several robberies (both break-ins and package theft) in the neighborhood lately.

I currently have 5 analog dome cameras around my house and an eyesurv recorder that I bought from Nellys about 5 years ago. I want to upgrade to the best current camera/recorder available as I'm not thrilled with either the current picture quality or software. I currently have one camera in the driveway (garage wall near a light), one on the porch (covered and lighted), and 3 others around the house under the eaves (unlighted areas).

Also, I'm relatively tech savy, so no problem pulling new lines or running blue iris if that's the best way to go.

I'm budgeting about $2,500, but could go higher if that mean better quality.

Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)
This camera is by far the best bang for your buck today.
For recording consider running blue iris or milestone (free for up to 8 cameras)....using a pc for recording not only allows for features generally not available on standalone nvr's, it allows you to change your vms package easily or compare two of them side by side. If you go with a standalone nvr get a dahua to match the cams...