Tablet Choice

Tyyees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looney2ns

The Fire HD’s are a great deal. The Hd 8, $49.00, and HD 10, $99.00 at Best Buy, Good Friday sale. Probably on sale everywhere.

Can you just type in the local IP address into the HD and have access to BI3 or do you have to install a google app?

If not, you say it’s relatively easy to install; how would one go about doing that?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looney2ns

The Fire HD’s are a great deal. The Hd 8, $49.00, and HD 10, $99.00 at Best Buy, Good Friday sale. Probably on sale everywhere.

Can you just type in the local IP address into the HD and have access to BI3 or do you have to install a google app?

If not, you say it’s relatively easy to install; how would one go about doing that?
It's recommended, to purchase the 32gb version of the Fire HD 8, that bumps up the ram as well a tad.
You can use the silk browser on the HD 8, and just point it to your BI server.

Google is your friend: How To Get Google Play On Your Fire Tablet

Tyyees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Looney2ns

The link is very informative but not something I’d be interested in doing; so Fire is out. Now looking at the Samsung Galaxy tablets, A-7 and liteE. Checking to see if these will work, $70.00 to $100.00 each, 8 gb versions, very little ram 1 and 1.5.

M-Cube

n3wb
Reaction score
Chuwi Hi9 Pro from Aliexpress. Deca Core, 3GB, 32GB, WiFi + LTE, 2560x1600, 8.4 inch, Android 8.0 Oreo, high build quality for €130,- or
Chuwi Hi9 Air from Aliexpress. Deca Core, 4GB, 64GB, WiFi + LTE, 2560x1600, 10.1 inch, Android 8.0 Oreo, high build quality for €177,-
I myself have the Hi9 Plus, 10.8 inch. IMO these tablets give you the best value for money.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My shortest-lived unreliable Windows tablet was a Chuwi. It froze up every few days which sucks for a basic camera display because you won't necessarily notice right away. The other Chinese tablet I got for a camera display, I forget the brand, is a little better but still screws something up every week or two. I've got a Pipo psuedo-tablet thing too, which reveals itself to have frozen up almost every time I need to use it. And I have a thin and light chinese touchscreen (15 inches) mounted on my fridge, which has whiny capacitors (I don't know, its a high-pitched noise when the display isn't at full brightness) and the touch capability stops working at random 0 to 15 minutes after I walk away from it.

Do as I say, not as I do. Don't buy crappy chinese brands.

Last edited:

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are using Blue Iris, the UI3 works just fine on the silk browser on the fire HD 8.

Before I had Blue Iris I was using tiny cam monitor Pro (free for me on the Amazon App Store) and that application worked fine on the fire HD 8.

You should check if the Tiny Cam Monitor Pro app is free for you if you’re not using Blue Iris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FYSA: I purchased an Amazon echo show second generation and when the UI3 interface is running on the Silk browser, the echo show has an issue responding to voice requests; the audio is cut off after a couple of seconds.

Let’s say I asked for the time which is 8:07 for example. The response is “The time is eigh”, so the audio cuts out.

I am thinking there is not enough memory or processor power to handle both tasks simultaneously.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro