Taking a snap shot

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All, currently have two profiles setup (1 and a hotspot). I have profile1 record when triggered and have the other hotspot profile take pics (no video) when inside the unmasked zone. The JPEGs are to be sent via email (this is tested and working fine when tested via test mode). The problem I have is the pictures never get taken, video works fine. Override global schedule is checked. Any idea's ?.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All, currently have two profiles setup (1 and a hotspot). I have profile1 record when triggered and have the other hotspot profile take pics (no video) when inside the unmasked zone. The JPEGs are to be sent via email (this is tested and working fine when tested via test mode). The problem I have is the pictures never get taken, video works fine. Override global schedule is checked. Any idea's ?.
Only one profile is active at a time..you are not setting things up correctly...

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, makes sense. So in order to use multiple profiles I would have to set a schedule and a profile to use ?. What I am trying to do is have video record on triggers and only have a pic taken when in the hotspot, is this possible ?.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, makes sense. So in order to use multiple profiles I would have to set a schedule and a profile to use ?. What I am trying to do is have video record on triggers and only have a pic taken when in the hotspot, is this possible ?.
you cannot use schedules or profiles to do what you want...
All you need to do is setup an exact duplicate camera and disable recording...setup snapshot...hide camera from the screen and mobile app..done.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also note that you dont want to be using a hotspot to trigger alerts..hotspot is uber sensitive and you will get false alerts all day...setup a zone..

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you cannot use schedules or profiles to do what you want...
All you need to do is setup an exact duplicate camera and disable recording...setup snapshot...hide camera from the screen and mobile app..done.
What do you mean by duplicate camera ?

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Excellent, that saved me a lot of time. Thanks fenderman !

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now that I have the camera copied can I have one record on motion (no mask) and then the second take a pic when the object goes into an unmasked area ? Both are on the same profile just one has video (no mask) and the other is pic with mask.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that I have the camera copied can I have one record on motion (no mask) and then the second take a pic when the object goes into an unmasked area ? Both are on the same profile just one has video (no mask) and the other is pic with mask.
yes they are completely independent..set it up anyway you want.

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's what I thought but it's not working. If I have both as profile1 it works (records on cam1 and takes pics on cam2) but only records video based on motion in the unmasked area that was setup in cam2. If I try to do two different profiles (profile 1 and hotspot) cam2 does not stay/save as hotspot ?.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I thought but it's not working. If I have both as profile1 it works (records on cam1 and takes pics on cam2) but only records video based on motion in the unmasked area that was setup in cam2. If I try to do two different profiles (profile 1 and hotspot) cam2 does not stay/save as hotspot ?.
I dont think you are using the terms properly..
All cameras should have the same profile active.
Setup distinct zones in each camera.
Dont use hotpot at all, you will get false alerts all the time.

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so the profile's are a global setting (goes across all camera's). so what's the point of them (change cam setting for night, etc) ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so the profile's are a global setting (goes across all camera's). so what's the point of them (change cam setting for night, etc) ?
They are global (you can set overides, but this is NOT needed for what you want to do, in fact, it WONT do what you want to do)...
They are used for settings times for alerts, motion settings for various times of day, etc..many many uses for them but not for what you are trying to do..all you need to do is setup two independent cams..simple, easy.