Talk feature and display ratio and Amcrest cams

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Trying out BI for the first time...

My Amcrest cams’ two way audio feature has only ever worked for me in any application when the app is connected directly to the cam. Going through my NVR allows me to listen only.

I was hoping BI would be more successful at passing the audio from my mic to the speaker on the cams.

On first attempt using onvif profiles for the cams and enabling the onvif talk back channel, I’m unsuccessful.

If this can be done, I’d appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Also (and this is a minor issue), is there a way to force the Intel+VPP decoding to present square pixel images as 16x9? I have a 5mp cam that presents as 16x9 on my NVR but as 4x3 in Blue Iris and I’d prefer to stretch the image without reencoding.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Trying out BI for the first time...

My Amcrest cams’ two way audio feature has only ever worked for me in any application when the app is connected directly to the cam. Going through my NVR allows me to listen only.

I was hoping BI would be more successful at passing the audio from my mic to the speaker on the cams.

On first attempt using onvif profiles for the cams and enabling the onvif talk back channel, I’m unsuccessful.

If this can be done, I’d appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Also (and this is a minor issue), is there a way to force the Intel+VPP decoding to present square pixel images as 16x9? I have a 5mp cam that presents as 16x9 on my NVR but as 4x3 in Blue Iris and I’d prefer to stretch the image without reencoding.
talk will not work with onvif settings. You need to test various amcrest/dahua options.
Use anamorphic in the video tab to force size.

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
talk will not work with onvif settings. You need to test various amcrest/dahua options.
Use anamorphic in the video tab to force size.
Thanks. For some reason, anamorphic is grayed out when substream is enabled. Setting substream to none allows me to do what I want with the anamorphic setting for the main stream, but if I enable the substream again, then when I view the main stream, it's back to its default.

As for the non-onvif and talk feature, the appropriate Amcrest profiles DID work (it helps when the PC mic is not on mute, doh!). In fact, I've just discovered that leaving "setup RTSP back-channel for talk support" enabled in Blue Iris completely breaks talk support in DMSS and Amcrest View Pro for all of my two-way audio Amcrest devices. Clearing that checkbox allows two way talk to work in BI wthout breaking it in the other apps I mentioned.

Last edited: