Tech quickly becomes Obsolete (NVIDIA's 30xx Series Cards Announced)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully I can run my Notepad with RTX 3090 :( LOL.

On the other note some what related to GPU, quick question - last night I did a test with a Sony camera which does not work well with Intel acceleration even with quick sync it show a green bar across top. That was on a 9900k processor on my friends PC.

so I am forced to use the GPU for HA. When I did ironically the live view was fine but in recording a top gray bar was there this was with 2080 on a friends computer again. does anyone know why that could have been happening in BI

I might be pulling up the video later on.

Once I did tell it to encode instead of camera built in HA it was fine. Again it was a quick test on his PC since we were comparing some low light performance between a 4/3 and 35mm last night.

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm getting myself into the 3080, moving away from a 2070 Super, glad I didn't rush out to Micro Center on Launch Day

Speaking of a dedicated Blue Iris system, NZXT has a case that supports a dual motherboard setup, pretty cool; you can set up an ITX and ATX build all in one case

Steve @ Gamers Nexus did a good recap of Launch Day

It was nerve-racking seeing how the launch went
gave the thumbs up for linking a Tech Jesus video xD.

btw do micro centers live up to the hype? the nearest one to me is like 3ish hours so i've never been to one.

Lots of people stuck at home staring at their screens all day with glazed eyes looking for a glimmer of happiness.

I've got a 1080, it's feeling a little slow in MSFS2020 but other than that it's fine, I'll get a 4090 and laugh at all the people getting 3090's.
what resolution are you running? im running a 4k 60hz monitor with a gtx 970, which ranges from "fine" to "power point" depending on what i am doing and what wallpaper engine is running in the background.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Micro Center definitely lives up to the hype at least at the two stores I've frequented throughout this pandemic thus far. Both locations happily price match online pricing (they don't even factor shipping and handling into the total cost when price matching). Also, most things and hard to find items (like passive PoE extenders) are readily available in stock on store shelves. Its one of the fewest B&M stores I feel that will survive from the threat of online commerce. They even stock the 10700K CPU (currently hard to find at the moment). Best of all, when you need to go out and build something the parts are readily available. I had to build a system for a friend recently. Stores like B&H, Best Buy, Newegg, and Amazon had extended lead times. I was able to purchase everything Micro Center same day and assembled it the same day. Very pleasing results. Have 30 days to price match prices fall down again. The experience at Micro Center has been very rewarding. Its good to know what I am getting, instead of waiting for online stores to do the shopping for me. Extremely convenient and customer friendly. This pandemic allowed me to get to know them better. I'd rather buy in store rather than online especially to avoid DOA-like situations.

gave the thumbs up for linking a Tech Jesus video xD.

btw do micro centers live up to the hype? the nearest one to me is like 3ish hours so i've never been to one.

what resolution are you running? im running a 4k 60hz monitor with a gtx 970, which ranges from "fine" to "power point" depending on what i am doing and what wallpaper engine is running in the background.

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. i may have to start a letter campaign to get them to move here.
we recently got a wegmans and an Ikea so hopefully microcenter can see the light and come here too.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel like some of these stores need to be in locations where they are needed most, just like Harbor Freight :p

thanks for the reply. i may have to start a letter campaign to get them to move here.
we recently got a wegmans and an Ikea so hopefully microcenter can see the light and come here too.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Is 10GB of VRAM even enough? How much headroom is there for the next few years?

Reading this sounds like it implies that its plenty

and this

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
On the hand, what about a PS5 or Xbox Series X? The price of the consoles themselves is the price of a Used 2080TI, :rofl:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Not to be off-topic, but planned obsolescence?

And back to topic,

RTX 3080 20GB variant is going to come out later this year as well

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL POSCAPS are a "Piece of Shit" According to Igorlabs, but they are also the most expensive!