Telephone Dialler

Tara

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know or have any experience of triggering an auto dialler from Blue Iris? Makes and models?

Thanks in adavance.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Heh.

Darned if I can remember it, but there was a reported case of a 'house' auto-dialing for refilling the coal bunker. It had been disabled, but rewiring turned it back on, and it started to phone home- to a number that had been reassigned. Looked for the story (and to see if it was real) but I can't find it. Just a bit of fun today.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s what the client has asked for. Believe me I have tried to convince them!
They’re going to go crazy if they receive a phone call for every alert. They need an alarm system.

Tara

n3wb
Reaction score
They’re going to go crazy if they receive a phone call for every alert. They need an alarm system.
I have proposed Sentry AI to cut down the number of alerts which I’m trialling at home as we speak. Seems to have done the job here although I just use Push notifications. The issue is they want to make sure key holders are woken up by phone calls not beeps from Push.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have proposed Sentry AI to cut down the number of alerts which I’m trialling at home as we speak. Seems to have done the job here although I just use Push notifications. The issue is they want to make sure key holders are woken up by phone calls not beeps from Push.
They need a $200 alarm system.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trigger a text message from BI, setup user phone to 'ring' when text arrives.
Will need to ensure they can assign a unique alert sound to inbound text caller.