Tell us about your home automation!

Discussion in 'Home Automation' started by Mike, Dec 2, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Kahuna.

Kahuna. n3wb

I just transitioned from Smartthings to Homeseer due to the unreliability of ST. Things unavailable, disappearing from ST, Z-wave mesh flaking out constantly. Under Homeseer everything has been rock solid so far.

I bought the Pro Windows Hometroller but would recommend going non pro to anyone considering. HSTouch is awful as is the designer. Unfortunately the Homeseer interfaces are like a bad joke from the '90s but the robustness and functionality is great. The other apps included in pro are nice to haves but not worth the "Pro" money.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. hmjgriffon

hmjgriffon Known around here

do you have mosquito running with SSL? If so can you tell me how to use node red to send commands to BI? I'm stuck.

3. randytsuch

randytsuch Pulling my weight

I'm running the hassio version of mqtt, not a standalone mosquito, and I'm not using ssl.
    Plus I haven't tried to send mqqt to bi yet, I've only received mqtt from bi at this point.

I did see somewhere the BI is picky about the format of the mqtt messages to it, but that's about all I can tell you.

Lately I've been playing with alexa and NR and HA, adding voice commands to my stuff.

4. hmjgriffon

hmjgriffon Known around here

I made it work without SSL on the lan

5. Bazzle

Bazzle n3wb

Ive just started on voice command stuff.
    I have purchased an Amazon Echo and the larger Echoplus (i think its called)
    Both are on a separate email account so I can use Logitech Harmony linking in 2 rooms. Works very well for the hifi gear etc etc.
    Im using the name Alexa in one room and Computer in the other
    I also have added wifi power points and a few light switches to see what they can do.
    These use the Ewelink app that Alexa links too. This also controls my gas heater (can adj temp with the SonOff temp switch) plus a few more power point and directly wired controllers on 433Mhz.
    I also have an Broadlink Hub that also gets linked to my Echos' . This controls my Aircon's and Curtains.
    Still just setting up for the fun of it atm but quite liking what can be achieved with a bit of thought.
    More controllers are hitting the market monthly.

6. JNDATHP

JNDATHP Pulling my weight

We have a system that works very well with BI. We use HomeSeer HS3 along with a paid plugin for BI.

HS3 does not depend on the cloud which is important for us. That being said, we do use Echo Dots to control some of our z-wave devices. However, most of our home is automated as opposed to controlled.

What we like about our BI integration is that we can control nearly every BI server or camera function and when BI registers an alert, our HS3 system can act upon it.

92FED5B8-0D07-4AEA-9816-046AC7A472D3.png

fenderman likes this.
  7. JNDATHP

JNDATHP Pulling my weight

Here is just one of our events...

EEFA3230-3B5F-4C60-99C1-2D4D42334AAD.png

DLONG2 and fenderman like this.
  8. DLONG2

DLONG2 Getting comfortable

Curious about HomeSeer integration with Blue Iris. What would be the recommended hardware and software?

9. DLONG2

I downloaded the HomeSeer HS3 software, and the Blue Iris plugin. I am testing it out by building an event list so that when a motion trigger on the Z5 camera is detected then the PTZ camera preset will change. It works if I manually run the event, but it does nothing by itself when a motion event is triggered on the Z5 camera. Any suggestions?

I contacted HomeSeer, and apparently the IF clause for motion is not working because the Blue Iris plugin is not reporting the event. The THEN clause is working well, as I can manually invoke the preset change within HomeSeer. They suggested changing the IF clause so that it uses "The device had its value set to . . ." and then 'Triggered' but that doesn't work either. When a car triggers the camera A, its event is not listing in the HomeSeer log.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  10. DLONG2

Aha. It is working well. I had to set up the camera alert's 'Post to web address or MQTT server' first.