Tepoinn Security Light with IP Cam?

siriusy

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these?

Are the streams able to be captured? Onvif support? There is very little useful information about them on Amazon. I'd really like something like this, but I need to be able to record to my NVR. I won't buy Kuna/Maximus for this reason.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

siriusy

n3wb
Reaction score
WAAAAYYYYYY overpriced. ESPECIALLY for a crappy cloud-based camera.
I'm sure you're right about it being overpriced. I'm not overly price sensitive if there isn't something out there that's better. I'd really like a nice looking sconce light with built in camera. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anything out there that has a video stream that can be recorded locally to a NAS or NVR. I am asking if anyone has experience with this one and can tell me if its like the Kuna/Maximus that is solely cloud based and proprietary, or if it can record locally. I have no doubt, that its overpriced and a cheap POS, but as I mentioned, there isn't anything out there right now that I am aware of that is a viable alternative.

Reaction score
I'm sure you're right about it being overpriced. I'm not overly price sensitive if there isn't something out there that's better. I'd really like a nice looking sconce light with built in camera. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anything out there that has a video stream that can be recorded locally to a NAS or NVR. I am asking if anyone has experience with this one and can tell me if its like the Kuna/Maximus that is solely cloud based and proprietary, or if it can record locally. I have no doubt, that its overpriced and a cheap POS, but as I mentioned, there isn't anything out there right now that I am aware of that is a viable alternative.
What I have seen others do is use an ESP32 Camera inside these fixtures and the Maximus, in order to have total control.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it would cost a bit to have someone run ethernet in the wall and have a proper camera installed

siriusy

n3wb
Reaction score
What I have seen others do is use an ESP32 Camera inside these fixtures and the Maximus, in order to have total control.
Thats pretty cool. I don't have the time to put something like that together (or the skillset to do it quickly), but if I did, that looks like a neat project.