Test: KUOKAAM IPcorder KNR 202 standalone NVR

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I could not resist, i found this on ebay. It came with a 500GB harddrive in it, a CD and a nice, printed manual.

1 Ebay.jpg

0_1.jpg 0_2.jpg 0_4.jpg

This is a complete remote system. You put it in a network and the rest is done from a computer.
It has one Gigabit Ethernet port. It can handle 12 chanel and two disk drives.
There are some other NVR´s which work the same way, I had a LevelOne NVR 0104 some time ago, but it did not work with Onvif cam´s.
Ok, after it is connected to the Network you start a utility on a pc which is called "Koukaam Device Discovery". It will find the NVR and set an IP-adress to it.

2 Device Discovery.jpg

Right after that you can log into the system from a Browser.
For the first time it will bring you to a Service Mode, you can do basic things here.
Main part is to set up the disk´s. It has two bay´s and you can add up to 8 TB to it.

3 Browser with Disk.jpg

So under Storage Configuration just hit Create RAID Array, even with one disk.
I registered to their Website and downloaded the latest firmware, manuals and so on.

4 Firmware.jpg

After the necessary reboot you will enter a Configuration Wizard, finishing that you are in the main menu. Here you can configure the NVR, Cam´s, Users, Schedules, Actions and so on. Look at a sample:

5 Setup Language.jpg 6 Setup Schedules.jpg

The one and only problem occurred during the setup of the cameras. The NVR was detecting them but had problems to configure them. I had to fill in the Onvif-Port of each camera.

7 Config.jpg

The port can be found with the Onvif Device Manager or in the cam setup.

Onvif.jpg

I filled that into the field of the HTTP-Port. After that i could reach all my cam´s. I was also able to add my new ENEO HD cam directly, even if it is not on their Supported Devices list.

8 View.jpg 9 Status Monitor.jpg 9 Status Monitor2.jpg

The Video-Window is also fully configurable. You can add columns or rows. You can save views. You can move cams from the right side or from the top with the mouse to the main display.

The NVR is able to record constantly or on Motion detection. MD must be done by the camera. If the cam has the ability to handle alarms the NVR can also trigger on that.
You can setup Schedules for each camera.

91 Playback_Liveview.jpg

On the above picture i have 4 windows, 2 are playback and 2 are live view/recording. This is a nice feature.
The Desktop software will run on Linux, Windows and MacOS.
Unfortunatly they do not build them anymore, but they are present on Ebay. On ebay.de there is a company selling 2 new of these boxes, each for around 60$.
I had big fun to play around with this box. The price was the same like 2 cases of beer.
It is very small, like 2 Cigarboxes, i will install it in my summerhouse and run it on MD.

I hope you liked the short test.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I could not resist, i found this on ebay. It came with a 500GB harddrive in it, a CD and a nice, printed manual. The total was 35$
I think you can say with confidence that you got a lot of bang for your buck! An HDD too!
That's a pretty good level of functionality for a very low cost NVR.
Unfortunatly they do not build them anymore, but they are present on Ebay.
Maybe their Finance person got a decimal point in the wrong place.