Text Alerts Being Sent Late

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have my cameras set to text alert me when there is motion and it seems to work fine except sometimes I receive the texts late. Example: Motion was detected on one of the cameras at 03:00A today according to the overlay on the picture that was sent with the text. I received the text at 05:45P today. Is there any way to see if the text was successfully sent at 03:00A and the problem is with my cellular provider (AT&T)? Anyone else had this problem with their cellular provider and resolved it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have my cameras set to text alert me when there is motion and it seems to work fine except sometimes I receive the texts late. Example: Motion was detected on one of the cameras at 03:00A today according to the overlay on the picture that was sent with the text. I received the text at 05:45P today. Is there any way to see if the text was successfully sent at 03:00A and the problem is with my cellular provider (AT&T)? Anyone else had this problem with their cellular provider and resolved it?
you should be able to click on the text and select info and see the sent and receive times....it is possible your phone was in a sleep mode....use push notifications to the app for the fasted time.