TFTP not starting after update (DS-2CD2432F)

calvinbui

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the camera today as a present from Chinese eBay seller.

Box and camera label says 5.3.0 150513.

Camera came with 5.2.5 so I thought to update it to 5.3.0 150814 from the HikVision Europe website (http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/) using TFTP.

Of course now the camera wont turn on but does ping twice or thrice when turning on.

TFTP does not recognise/work/start anymore even when connected directly to the computer or over the network.

I think the error I made was updating it to begin with or using the EU firmware on a Chinese model.

Anyone got any advice on what to do now? e.g. send it back asap

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@calvinbui Welcome to the forum. There are multiple threads in the hikvision section of this forum dedicated to resolving this issue. Your mistake was trying to update a hacked chinese camera.

calvinbui

n3wb
Reaction score
@calvinbuiWelcome to the forum. There are multiple threads in the hikvision section of this forum dedicated to resolving this issue. Your mistake was trying to update a hacked chinese camera.
thanks for the reply.

that definitely seems to be the case.

I have searched through the forum and found one interesting post however I was unable to detect the cam through SADP either. This user was also able to ping his cam whereas I am only able to get one/two pings when it turns on before not responding again. Windows Firewall is completely turned off as well.

could you point me to these particular threads?