Thank you for all the great info!!!

solidstate

n3wb
Reaction score
I am a new user and I have been studying the forum for a few days. I really want to thank the people who have VERY generously shared their knowledge! Especially (in no particular order):
fenderman
icerabbit
milkisbad
Mike
networkcameracritic
bp2008
If I forgot anyone I will try to add you later!

P.S. I have already contacted milkisbad about buying HIKvision cameras. If anyone else sells IP camera equipment and accessories PLEASE PM me!
Thank you all VERY much!

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Solidstate!

And thank you for the acknowledgements. Especially in your very first post, without us knowingly having contributed to your project! :cool:

solidstate

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, vector18 and shockwave199 have both made very good posts! I think I missed you two because your posts were usually about Dahua cameras or too advanced for me (at this time!). This is my first ever project like this so I have decided to buy the (slightly?) less expensive Hikvision cameras from milkisbad. This is still going to cost $$$$$! But it will be good quality and I will be able to use it for many years.

icerabbit: I think that is the definition of generosity! All of you have contributed your expertise so the rest of us can benefit. None of you have demanded any payment. The least I can do is express my appreciation!

I used to do some teaching and I got really tired of people asking questions that would take take them 15 seconds to look up. It made me feel like my time and the effort I made to gain my knowledge was worthless. I think it is my obligation to study this forum to learn the basics (and more) before asking questions and everyone here has made that possible.
Thanks again!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to do some teaching and I got really tired of people asking questions that would take take them 15 seconds to look up. It made me feel like my time and the effort I made to gain my knowledge was worthless. I think it is my obligation to study this forum to learn the basics (and more) before asking questions and everyone here has made that possible.
Thanks again!
Awesome point Solidstate, we need to make that post a sticky :D

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from, with certain kinds of questions. Probably why they created LMGTFY (let me google that for you) :D

We all have our pockets of experience and expertise, but some people are more resourceful than others, whether by nature or upbringing. I typically try to find my own way for most things I bite into. But some people don't like to do much homework if any. And then there's some people who like to ask 10 people the same thing, then start asking questions about things others have said, and they become like duck tape stuck on you ... because they don't understand the specifics, aren't hearing the answer they want to hear, don't want to spend the money, or some combination thereof ... and that gets tiring.

Anyway. Most kind of you to acknowledge & appreciate the experience, knowledge and expertise shared here by this growing group of kind people.

Looking forward to hearing your progress.