Thank you Vets!

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No words can express our eternal gratitude.

Thank you for your service
Veterans should get the whole month not just one day. Their sacrifice to our country deserves more than one day. If it wasn't for your service, the world would completely different than it is today. And not for the better.

Thank you to all that served, I am grateful to have the freedoms that you have bestowed upon us all. It's our job now, not to F*&K it up in return.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Happy Veterans Day, and thanks to All who served ..

perhaps the best thanks would be to clear out the woke issues in society which destroy evaluating individuals on merit ..

Reaction score
Today I was so humbled by the Veterans day ceremony at my Daughters HS. OMG....they had students line up with flags, shaking our hands all the way from the parking lot to the Auditorium! It was VERY over whelming, and quite honestly, I wasn't the only vet that felt embarrassed. It was the most incredible thing ever....I am so humbled and thankful at the same time. When the 11th grader got up and read how much gratitude and respect he felt about veterans, because of how much he missed his father, .....I almost had to leave. You know the rest of that story.

Reaction score
Today I was so humbled by the Veterans day ceremony at my Daughters HS. OMG....they had students line up with flags, shaking our hands all the way from the parking lot to the Auditorium! It was VERY over whelming, and quite honestly, I wasn't the only vet that felt embarrassed. It was the most incredible thing ever....I am so humbled and thankful at the same time. When the 11th grader got up and read how much gratitude and respect he felt about veterans, because of how much he missed his father, .....I almost had to leave. You know the rest of that story.
Damn allergies kick in at the worst times....

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@SJGUSMC21 I remember about 10 years ago I was asked to take part in a Veterans ceremony at my Grandsons school, he was about 8 and it was a surprise for him. As I'm up on stage with other vets he walks in with his class and when he sees me he waves and says "Hi Papa". Just like he expected me to be there, no surprise at all.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I just got this today from a friend, not sure where to post it but I guess this is as good a place as any. It was 9 years ago at Arrowhead Stadium preceding a NFL matchup between the KC Chiefs and the Oakland (now Las Vegas) Raiders. It's 49 non-military planes in formation and IMO, is amazing and breath-taking. It has been around since 2013 and I never saw it, maybe y'all haven't either. Enjoy!