The great move…

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have a load of goodies coming in from Andy? I also understand that you are going to automate with Z-Wave tech.

Reaction score
Andy is my little friend (said in the best Scarface voice). Bunches of goodies arrived and they are being installed.

HomeSeer 4 will be deployed as well.

Today’s accomplishments include all Ethernet cables terminated and tested. All but one camera configured and switch configured.

Yup, there are 12 cameras including a ZE for LPR so I can go down that rabbit hole…

IMG_1506.jpeg

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How are you mounting your Unifi router and switch? Are you installing a rack in or putting them in the cabinet?

Reaction score
Yesterday was a much needed day of rest. Today we hit it running, well I was walking-ish and Stanley was off to the races.

All cameras are now mounted and in Blue Iris. Zoom, FOV, etc. needs tinkering with but a great accomplishment. Remember, I had the unwanted holes from the previous owners’ Lorex analog cameras so some of the heights are not ideal but will do.

This is Stanley, my friend from Reno, who took the whole month off to help us move and get settled.

Eleven 5442s installed around the house.

IMG_0204.jpegIMG_1512.jpegIMG_1511.jpegIMG_1510.jpegIMG_1509.jpegIMG_0209.jpegIMG_0208.jpegIMG_0207.jpegIMG_0203.jpeg

Here is one of our BI displays.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks great! And Reno is a friend we should all have! My friends disappear as soon as they hear the word 'moving'! lol

They usually come around with the promise of some beer and pizza, though.
Yes, we are extremely blessed having Stanley in our lives. Just two years separate us; I am the older at 61 but there is no way I can get up on ladders any more. I have a rough time just walking sometimes. Oh well, beats the alternative.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, we are extremely blessed having Stanley in our lives. Just two years separate us; I am the older at 61 but there is no way I can get up on ladders any more. I have a rough time just walking sometimes. Oh well, beats the alternative.
Sorry, Stanely from Reno. lol

Life can throw us some curveballs and we just need to learn how to adapt. I can't really do ladders over 6 feet due to various concussions I've suffered. I have vertigo where as I didn't before. So I don't and let my friend help me or pay someone. It is what it is.

Reaction score
congrats on the move! This was my escape from southern California almost 6 years ago...

1685286378612.png

I zip-tied some deer antlers to the front of the uhaul... LOL.
The mistake I made on this was with my little pickup-- I put way too much weight in the truck bed and did not have a balanced load on the trailer-- I had a sway issue right away. I kept my speed low, and eventually made a stop & bought about 8 bags of softener salt to put on the tongue end of the trailer to balance out the load. That worked.

Left at about 6PM on a Tuesday, about 24 hours later we rolled up to Independence Rock near Casper Wyoming.

1685287609582.png 1685287696407.png

It took about 15 more hours to go from Casper to Pierre SD, but that included a ~4 hr nap in the truck.

One of the most satisfying things is opening that u-haul door in my driveway at my home...

1685292064669.png