The huge ac adapter that came with my Dahua PTZ:

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I never really looked at this thing because I use POE. Does anyone power their cam using the big 24V -3A ac adapter that came with their camera? How do you actually wire it up - those solderless connector things? Is their any advantages to using that ac adapter over POE? I'm only wondering this because one of my PTZ's is actually not too far away from an AC power outlet. Thanks.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What PTZ model do you have? Some of the bigger PTZ's require the power adapter especially if you don't have a PoE switch that can provide the minimum required power. The power out varies from model to model. I have a 4" PTZ, doesn't require a power adapter and has been rock solid. I'm sure anything bigger is going to have a great demand and impact on power being drawn.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What PTZ model do you have? Some of the bigger PTZ's require the power adapter especially if you don't have a PoE switch that can provide the minimum required power. The power out varies from model to model. I have a 4" PTZ, doesn't require a power adapter and has been rock solid. I'm sure anything bigger is going to have a great demand and impact on power being drawn.
I have a SD6CE225U-HNI and a SD59225U-HNI running off POE fine but was curious if the included AC adapters added any benefits like maybe powering an active mic or similar.