The large orange clock icon that appears and disappears?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Owkaye, Jun 11, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Owkaye

Owkaye Young grasshopper

A large orange clock icon appears at the top right on my UI3 screen sometimes. I tried but failed to find a reference to it in the 'Help' PDF file. Can someone tell me why it pops up occasionally, and then disappears after a while? It indicates some kind of problem, correct?

2. samplenhold

samplenhold Getting the hang of it

This happens when the UI3 frame rate drops low. Notice that the FPS in the lower left corner is low or zero.

3. Owkaye

Owkaye Young grasshopper

I see. So is this related to a network slowdown? Or a server slowdown? Or is it impossible to tell which is causing the slowdown?

4. Zanthexter

Zanthexter Getting the hang of it

In the lower left corner are your servers stats. Unless the MEM or CPU are maxed out, it's probably network/internet issues. It will also hang (show the clock) if the clip is damaged.

5. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

That icon indicates your video stream is delayed. There are two causes for stream delay.

1) The stream may not be coming in fast enough, indicating either network or BI server trouble.
    2) The stream may not be playing fast enough, indicating your device running UI3 is having a problem (or maybe it is just slow).

If you click on that icon a message should appear explaining which of the two situations it is. That message used to appear instead of the icon, but a bunch of people complained that it was too annoying so now you have the icon instead.

6. Zanthexter

Zanthexter Getting the hang of it

It never occurred to me that it was a clickable icon. I can't be the only idget in the world. (Hope not!) Maybe make it obvious? Like have a pointer icon click it or something?

I'm looking forward to clicking it next time I see it, just to see what it's diagnosis is :)

Everyone I've shown UI3 to has been very impressed. Great work :)

7. Owkaye

Owkaye Young grasshopper

I can sometimes make the icon appear if I set my playback speed high enough, or at least I think I made the icon appear by doing this one time.

I'll click the icon the next time it appears, thanks bp2008.