The new updated android app has been pushed to the play store

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
In response to andre_x, apparently the new app doesn't allow using "self-signed certificates" which is what most of us use with Stunnel. Can anyone tell me the best solution to get mobile access to blue iris back up and running when away from home? This has been pretty low on my priority list since I've been working from home for the past year, but I'll be going back to work pretty soon and really want this working. From what I can tell the best options are either VPN or using a signed certificate? What is the easiest path forward?
Thanks DebrodeD, that explain the timing since recently out wildecard certificate expired and I didn't renew it since we didn't need it anymore, or, well, I thought we didn't need it!
About your need, use a VPN, Wireguard is pretty easy to setup and you can set it so that only the request to BLue Iris are forwarded, all the rest goes directly to the Internet.
You can install it on a RaspberryPI

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a push that a new update is available - has anyone tried it yet?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I’ve installed it. No issues so far.

I haven’t tested the geofencing yet, but I have cleared and reset my geofence (my standard procedure when the app gets updated).

I like this new toggle. Kudos to person(s) who suggested it to Ken.

1626363014327.jpeg

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just noticed that the latest version (3.0.31) now supports filtering cameras by their short name. This was a feature I requested ~5/19 before the last update... unfortunately the feature is not yet implemented for filtering alerts, so I’ve submitted another request.

Why I find this useful is that I use only 2-3 character short names (DW1, DW2, FD, FD_, BY, etc.) for all of my cameras. Filtering is now a breeze. (I originally started using this naming strategy to simplify and shorten HTTP interface URLs).

Last edited: