The official "WTF" thread

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Living/Working in Houston most of my life I been on pretty much every major road. Not exaggerating here, did many years of Service calls and going to different work sites/buildings. Anyway, what I have seen with how people drive would fill several books. Actually to say it correctly, what I have seen on people Not driving. Most are distracted and driving seems to be last on their list while attempting to drive.

Check out this wreak, we saw it on our way into Houston yesterday. A Whole 18 Wheeler Cab burnt...I am sure someone cut him off...
1694694151832.png1694694070308.png

Looks like hauling Watermelons?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Living/Working in Houston most of my life I been on pretty much every major road. Not exaggerating here, did many years of Service calls and going to different work sites/buildings. Anyway, what I have seen with how people drive would fill several books. Actually to say it correctly, what I have seen on people Not driving. Most are distracted and driving seems to be last on their list while attempting to drive.
I hear ya.

I spent 31 years working in the roadway, 2 in GA and 29 in Nor CA. In that time I had many, MANY close calls and those are just the ones I know about. It's by God's grace that I'm still here...even before all that and certainly since.

From '73 to '92 it was bad enough but when cell phones and texting really started to come alive circa early 90's my head was on a swivel until I retired from it in '04....distracted driving had been spawned and it's only gotten worse. :confused:

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A month ago, heading west on I-10 into Houston, an eastbound tractor-trailer made one of the many curves way too fast and wound up only on his right wheels. Did not flip because he was stopped by the barrier. He started a fire on the roadway overpass. Poor guy was out of his truck trying to figure out how to pull his truck down. God bless the other truckers because they had stopped and were putting up cones and hauling hazmat kits over. I was heading to San Antonio so did not see the results on the news. It was about the Fifth Ward (I believe). Houston is NEVER fun.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to haul doubles from Dallas to Walmart Sanger Tx. in evening rush hour traffic.
Stick it in 3 gear and coast from traffic jamb to traffic jamb never having to stop.
The thing one sees! Distracted is not the word for it. I did the run down I-45 once.
It was far worse with 40's (beer) in every car! Dumb and stupid drunk as well as, you know the rest.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Check out this wreak, we saw it on our way into Houston yesterday. A Whole 18 Wheeler Cab burnt...I am sure someone cut him off...
View attachment 172309View attachment 172308

Looks like hauling Watermelons?
We drove by around 8:30am

Found the info, his tires caught on fire:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^^^
WOW, I see trucks so overloaded sometimes that the tires will very nearly rub the wheel wells. It is so dry this year that any fire would set off a major disaster.
We had one truck's trailer wheels a few weeks ago start a fire, they said by the time we got to town he was on his rims. Yes, we have had several fires around our area. Was told that even when people pull over on the shoulder that their exhaust has started fires.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hear ya.

I spent 31 years working in the roadway, 2 in GA and 29 in Nor CA. In that time I had many, MANY close calls and those are just the ones I know about. It's by God's grace that I'm still here...even before all that and certainly since.

From '73 to '92 it was bad enough but when cell phones and texting really started to come alive circa early 90's my head was on a swivel until I retired from it in '04....distracted driving had been spawned and it's only gotten worse. :confused:
You know I questioned myself several times, is it that I am old and there has always been these crazy drivers...after talking to many people, the city of Houston is a Lawless terrible city to drive in now. I have seen shoulders turn into lanes, no not one, two or three cars, a whole lane just got created full of selfish people. How does a cop deal with that with so many. Had a cop tell me the city averaged 300 wreaks a day, it doubles with bad weather. I bet it is more now, that was about a decade ago.

Reaction score
You know I questioned myself several times, is it that I am old and there has always been these crazy drivers...after talking to many people, the city of Houston is a Lawless terrible city to drive in now. I have seen shoulders turn into lanes, no not one, two or three cars, a whole lane just got created full of selfish people. How does a cop deal with that with so many. Had a cop tell me the city averaged 300 wreaks a day, it doubles with bad weather. I bet it is more now, that was about a decade ago.
I have to guess San Antonio isn't much better.....people are just damn rude and stupid.

Reaction score
I put this here because WHAT THE F**K IS A GROWN WOMAN attacking a 13 year old for? Though is is truly disturbing, everyone of those cowardly fucks standing should have THEIR ASSES BEAT!!!!

I wasn't there, so all I can do off what was 'reported' on. It seems that this 13 year old really didn't do or say anything. Unless she attacked the grown woman, which she didn't, then there is no excuse.

I would like to like up everyone of those cowardly POS's that were just standing there filming, douse them in gasoline, and let people with fire extinguishers stand there and watch them burn....not helping.

OMG this shit pissed me off!

1695142746218.png