The official "WTF" thread

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@ 6:24... Damn it @TonyR
I know, right?

He barely tapped it and over it went!

The traffic signal pole was installed on what's known as a ballast base that was used many, MANY years ago when the ballast for the mercury vapor street light could be located there and then wires run up to the luminaire on the tip of the upper mast arm. They made them also out of aluminum for aluminum street light poles with NO long mast arms for traffic signals, it was strictly for street lights. The long arm of the signal mast arm acts like a lever and if you install the wrong type of ballast base OR not have enough of the foundation bolt threads showing above the 4 nuts, it can happen.

Bottom line: poor job by someone installing the pole, it should have taken that bump, even to the point of denting the pole. Some moron may have used expanding anchors in the sidewalk and mounted it that way. :idk:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nice collection of surveillance captures.

The SCARIEST one is at 12:07

Great compilation!

My fav? At 1:25...a variation on the old "Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice, shame on me."

Ever notice how many people get out of their vehicles without putting it in park, setting brake, etc. and it rolls away? Preoccupied, I guess.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure where this belongs, I thought about posting it in the "Where's Arjun?" thread but figured he was tiring of all the attention, so here goes:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
They don't call it Nasty City for nothing.
The National City Mile of Cars changes it's name to the Nasty City Mile of Hookers.. ;)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't want to start a new thread for this because it doesn't really merit it, IMO. But I was VERY surprised that I never knew about it and it likely wound up on "the back page" as far as MSM was concerned....if it wasn't about a political figure or a Hollywood elitist it wasn't worth their time.

Anyway, on the anniversary of 9/11 in 2022, two Egyptian pilots flew their Cessna dangerously close to boats on Horsetooth Reservoir in Colorado but then regretted their decision when they crashed the plane. The FBI got involved and there's more to this wild story that I never knew about at all until now. :mad:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this but because this is, mostly, an IP camera forum and when I read it I thought "WTF", so here it is.

The NVR has 4 non-POE ports, basically like a LAN switch. I read the "note" and thought "no wonder noobs are thoroughly confused when they get here". I'd like to ask the originator of this Reolink "note" to explain what they mean by it. I'll wager it'd be entertaining!

Reolink-stupid-note1.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score