Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this supposed to be funny? I don't know how they can let this one slide,

Last edited:

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did I already share the story about how I thought smoke detectors were low voltage, and besides I was standing on the very top of a 6' fiberglass ladder, and I only fiddled with the wiring with 1 hand?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Back in the days of “open sat boxes” I was delving into a sat box to download some data, was wearing a metal bracelet and boy, suffice to say my hand has never moved that fast away from the box when I heard/saw a massive flash

Also just recently, I re-confirmed that the builder who did my extension is a cock. Knew this already but completely forgot. Was replacing the back patio security light, turned off the lights at the fuse box, confirmed light was no longer working. Opened up the light and went to unwire it and got a massive shock! The cock had wired this external light into 2 fuses, shouldn’t have come as a surprise as he had done the same to an internal light in the house which had nothing to do with the extension but in that case I actually tested each of the wires and then started scratching my head as one of live conductors was still live?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So read this headline. What do you think happened?

I really thought some student in Idaho murdered the lawyers for Kohberger. I was totally confused?

View attachment 176199
We've lowered standards for proper English in college also. Being articulate when writing, using proper sentence structure and correct grammar will soon be considered an art form, not a requirement of people hired to use writing to communicate to others.

Don't laugh but IMO this is why we're seeing router manufacturers going to a smartphone app to set up and configure, no more webGUI's for a PC. Reason? The younger generation can only originate or respond with emojis to express themselves. They need simple choices because in time, as their brains turn to mush, they will struggle making the easiest of decisions. Spelling? Forget it. Properly and intelligible sentence structure? Not needed. Write up a short how-to on a piece of tech? No need...watch a Youtube video.

I'm looking forward to the day when, after years of texting and button-pressing, when they open their mouths to speak, instead of the nonsense we're used to we'll hear just a faint squeak...ahhh, pure bliss. :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Our prisons are full of these mentally ill individuals. Their numbers are growing rapidly...just look at our big city streets...

Zombie Apocalypse

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In 30 years I've replaced countless dead or weak #2032 lithium coin cells on motherboards, most between 5 and 8 years of age. My point is it's not rocket science to get one out of a blister-pak, even for a 74 year old with no feeling in his fingertips but plenty of arthritic pain in his joints....until this morning.

I was getting one out of a twin-pack this morning for a repaired Dell laptop and I pulled and I cut and I cut and I got my fingernails in there and it was like pulling teeth for a good 5 minutes, not 10 seconds as usual.

I was being careful with my knife because I'm on a blood thinner (Warfarin Sodium / Coumadin).

After a lot a grunting and mumbling under my breath (wife in the next room) I caught sight of the reason...instead of the single layer of clear plastic glued to the card, there was an inside layer on the UNDERSIDE of the cell and it was bonded to the top/outside! And because it's crystal clear (and I wasn't expecting it) I just could not get the #$%& coin cell separated from the outer skin until I saw why.

Earlier in the year I had opened an identical 2 pack that I had recently purchased and it was not like this one...so, be advised this is a new deal, likely to discourage theft of 1 cell off the display...or a plot to get old farts to accidentally cut themselves and bleed to death.

I peeled it back so it's visible to you in the image below...that's on the underside, opposite where we see the "2032" marking. :facepalm:

2032cell-doubleseal-WTF.jpg

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In 30 years I've replaced countless dead or weak #2032 lithium coin cells on motherboards, most between 5 and 8 years of age. My point is it's not rocket science to get one out of a blister-pak, even for a 74 year old with no feeling in his fingertips but plenty of arthritic pain in his joints....until this morning.

I was getting one out of a twin-pack this morning for repaired Dell laptop and I pulled and I cut and I cut and I got my fingernails in there and it was like pulling teeth for a good 5 minutes, not 10 seconds as usual.

I was being careful with my knife because I'm on a blood thinner (Warfarin Sodium / Coumadin).

After a lot a grunting and mumbling under my breath (wife in the next room) I caught sight of the reason...instead of the single layer of clear plastic glued to the card, there was an inside layer on the UNDERSIDE of the cell and it was bonded to the top/outside! And because it's crystal clear (and I wasn't expecting it) I just could not get the #$%& coin cell separated from the outer skin until I saw why.

I opened an identical 2 pack that I had purchased earlier in the year and it was not like this one...so, be advised this is a new deal, likely to discourage theft of 1 cell off the display...or a plot to get old farts to accidentally cut themselves and bleed to death.

I peeled it back so it's visible to you in he image below...that's on the underside, opposite where we see the "2032" marking. :facepalm:

View attachment 176239
it sucks LOL. No doubt as you said it is intentional to try to prevent theft.