The REAL Reason McDonalds Ice Cream Machines Are Always Broken

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Basically McDees and Taylor not improving the product because the cost is borne by the franchise in terms of calling the repair tech repeatedly ( resulting in 25% of Taylor's revenues from service and repair ).

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Basically McDees and Taylor not improving the product because the cost is borne by the franchise in terms of calling the repair tech repeatedly ( resulting in 25% of Taylor's revenues from service and repair ).

Pretty sure there is a camaraderie between these two companies, possibly rich share holders knowing each other from childhood...I worked for a Large company who most of the share holders lived in the Hamptons, anyway we needed to have several hundred cable runs to replace older CAT3 cable, CAT6 just made it to market but was very expense, so I got my local quotes from Cabling companies for CAT5 cable, we were only pushing 100Mbps back then, anyway, I get a call from Corporate stating our company only allows cable to be purchased from some company halfway across America and we are going to install CAT6 cable, I informed them we would not need that cable for 10 years to come :), which was true back then, but they insisted. The cable turned out to cost almost 6 times more than what I had quotes on, INSTALLED :), so I still had to find someone to install this new cable, which back then, no one knew of bringing the twist all the way up to the terminal. Plus get this, there was not even CAT6 patch panels available yet back then so they had to use CAT5 terminations, panels, wall jacks, keystones, etc. CAT6 was not even a standard yet. Ok enough of the cable, what I eventually found out is one of the big investors of our company also owned this cable company so of course if we ever needed cable ran we Had to get our cable from them, period...

Sorry for my long boring story, but obviously this is what is going on here between McDonalds and Tayler in like manner...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Doesn't surprise me in the least.
As a previous self employed small business owner, I found fairly quickly that dealing with the Coca-Cola company was like dealing with the devil.

Watch the history channels series The Food That Built America, eye opening.

Shenanigan's have gone on with big corporations since the beginning of time. It won't change.
Read the history of Rockefeller for example.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me in the least.
As a previous self employed small business owner, I found fairly quickly that dealing with the Coca-Cola company was like dealing with the devil.

Watch the history channels series The Food That Built America, eye opening.

Shenanigan's have gone on with big corporations since the beginning of time. It won't change.
Read the history of Rockefeller for example.
Yeah thank you Rockefeller for Big Pharma...