The Solution of hikvision 5.2.8 cameras problems

alexander.omiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All
I am alexander from russia, i read some threads about 5.2.8 cameras problems like chineses language, day of week chinese, language mismatch with nvr. This problems can be solved by a hacked 5.2.5 firmware. you need to upgrade the 5.2.5 firmware by TFTP tools.

The firmware was supplied by chinese reseller, i bought hikvision camera and nvr from him and had such problems. And he sent me the firmware to solve the problems remotly.

Actually the hacked firmware is supplied by CBX and intunedvr. The chinese reseller paid him 2000USD each month to get firmware. Since the chinese reseller paid CBX and i paid the reseller. I think i have right to share the firmware. So people have problems with 5.2.5 5.2.8 cameras can PM or send me email. Or i need to upload it to google drive for people download.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The firmware was supplied by chinese reseller, i bought hikvision camera and nvr from him and had such problems. And he sent me the firmware to solve the problems remotly.
Actually the hacked firmware is supplied by CBX and intunedvr. The chinese reseller paid him 2000USD each month to get firmware. Since the chinese reseller paid CBX and i paid the reseller. I think i have right to share the firmware. So people have problems with 5.2.5 5.2.8 cameras can PM or send me email. Or i need to upload it to google drive for people download.
Here is the news!
And then where is my money for this firmware? ;) ;) ;)
Твой чинайский друг тебя дезинформировал! Чинайцы у меня ничего не покупали потому как я им ничего не продавал ;)
К тому же открытых решений у CBX нет ;)

Moreover, it is 5.2.5 ;)
But thanks you for shared this firmware for the research;)

This solution is newer than i have seen and research before!
Nice ;)

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will this work for any Hikvision device or only certain ones? Is this a permanent region fix? I'm considering getting a chinese cam to save some $$, so I'd be curious what you ordered. Thanks for sharing!

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure it works?
I tried it with one of my cams v 5.2.5 who are in English, but day of week in Chineese and the result after = 5.2.5 full Chineese !!!!
Of course I cleaned my internet cache browser. So ???
Do I missed something ???

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you sure it works?
I tried it with one of my cams v 5.2.5 who are in English, but day of week in Chineese and the result after = 5.2.5 full Chineese !!!!
Of course I cleaned my internet cache browser. So ???
Do I missed something ???
Of course you missed. Sanity!
Why untested firmware from unverified man flashed your camera, which was European and stand the original Chinese?

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's not Sanity but Curiosity and hands on.

My original cam was Chineese then I upgraded it to v5.2.5 to have it in English.
Only day of week stay in Chineese if I want to use OSD.

My curiosity here was more to see if this "magic firmware" changes the week day to English but in fact No.

So I went back to my 99% multilanguage version with date in Chineese.

Fom my side, the experience was not OK or the file placed by alexander in the dropbox was not the good one.

Last edited by a moderator:

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I still have my simple solution to have my cams in Multilanguage 99%:
Upgrade with a Standard v5.2.5 firmware, then I replace simply the IEfile.tar.gz. that's it...
So no much worries here, waiting to find better solution

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Upgrade with a Standard v5.2.5 firmware, then I replace simply the IEfile.tar.gz. that's it...
Smart ;)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Was your camera originally all chinese v5.2.8 ? Where did you get a replacement IEfile.tar.gz?

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't use IPC.
I'm working with a third party NVR and a SW Control Center: www.indigovision.com.

So Doesn't matter the kind of cam, just need to have Compliance with Onvif Profile S and the NTP function for time synch.
And HIK does that perfectly for some $.

My OSD was generated by the VMS SW. Just interesting to have English for the settings of the cam itself.
After, this is for pleasure only and the satisfaction to have all HIK cams with same fw version.

alexander.omiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are many chinese resellers paid 2000USD each month. Not just one resellers.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My guess is this firmware works with certain build dates so that hacking fees can be collected monthly. There's a program that someone wrote called check_rs232 that's in the hroot.img file in the firmware. If someone can disassemble this, you can see what's being done. The program is stored in /dev/mtd11 and is mounted during the camera boot up process only. You can extract this program from your camera if you want, not that hard but requires some Linux skills.