The sounds of a homicide

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Happened early Monday morning. Video was shared with police because the car that goes by in the video had gone by about 10 minutes earlier. The family stated they believe there was a hit taken out on the man, a nightclub owner. The home where it happened is not in my line-of-sight as it way off to the left of the frame. Scary stuff. Gunshots near end.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Happened early Monday morning. Video was shared with police because the car that goes by in the video had gone by about 10 minutes earlier. The family stated they believe there was a hit taken out on the man, a nightclub owner. The home where it happened is not in my line-of-sight as it way off to the left of the frame. Scary stuff. Gunshots near end.
Which house did they hit?

Looks like time for a camera you can keep in color mode to get color data on cars, and perhaps a camera for LPR ..

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which house did they hit?

Looks like time for a camera you can keep in color mode to get color data on cars, and perhaps a camera for LPR ..
The house was far down the road to the left, about 10 homes down and around a corner. So, there was no way any camera would have helped. The main goal of the camera was to simply watch over the driveway and our cars. Interesting comment about the color mode. I will check into that.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The house was far down the road to the left, about 10 homes down and around a corner. So, there was no way any camera would have helped. The main goal of the camera was to simply watch over the driveway and our cars. Interesting comment about the color mode. I will check into that.
Thanks @zosobao

Use this case to study your immediate area and ask if you have enough data from your cameras to capture what model / make and other id info that camera captured.

Imagine if this car did a driveby vs a more immediate neighbor

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, the shooting that happened down the road from me was the same situation. The car blasting by afterwards became paramount evidence. You can assist with your street view but not the way the camera is set at the moment. Every frame is motion blur. I'd question if it was doing well even for your driveway and car. I'm gonna guess and say color wouldn't be great at the street. Might be too noisy and dark. I don't think there's anything wrong with b&w but it sure needs to be dialed in better.

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, the shooting that happened down the road from me was the same situation. The car blasting by afterwards became paramount evidence. You can assist with your street view but not the way the camera is set at the moment. Every frame is motion blur. I'd question if it was doing well even for your driveway and car. I'm gonna guess and say color wouldn't be great at the street. Might be too noisy and dark. I don't think there's anything wrong with b&w but it sure needs to be dialed in better.
I agree. I’ve tested it out with people up to the car at night. It is enough to be able to identify the person. Problem is that if i adjust the settings for cars, I won’t have enough available light for the faster shutter.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - mailbox related threads which can be of interest for others to check out

Do check out MrSurly's first capture from that mailbox setup:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. I’ve tested it out with people up to the car at night. It is enough to be able to identify the person. Problem is that if i adjust the settings for cars, I won’t have enough available light for the faster shutter.
What are your settings currently? Do you have a floodlight on the garage? Looks like 1/30th. Try 1/120th. I do understand that your home and property take priority but you're awfully close to the street too and it could be worth getting the overall shutter/exposure balanced for all.