the type of upgrade file mismatches - Anyone seen this error before ?

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This evening I'm trying to upgrade 6 x 2CD2332-I turret cams from v5.3 to v5.4

Every time I try to upload the firmware file it goes from 0% to 99% and then throws that message.

Have re-downloaded the firmware a couple of times to rule out corrupt download but no luck.

All cams are genuine Europe versions

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
I upgraded a test 2332 I had around here using that firmware. I went from 5.2.3 to 5.3.0 and then 5.4.0. I then figured out how to downgrade again because early indications were 5.4.0 had image quality issues. I'd not recommend upgrading. I've mostly settled on 5.2.3 for the 2332 although there are still unresolved issues with them locking up when using full-fat ONVIF.

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
best advise I can give about anything digital, is that if the thing in question is working, don't "fix" it.

I trusted Hikvision firmware URL as telling the truth back in February. They weren't. A "new" firmware was available so I downloaded and flashed my DVR. Monitoring software functions perfectly, albeit the main window with panels for each camera are totally "fuzzy", as in not in focus. Double-click on any single panel, and upon resize, the picture gains clarity within a few seconds.

I'm trying to decide whether it is worth risking trying to flash DVR with original firmware. Just hate to turn the DVR into a brick because there was a warning of 'nonreversal/nonretractable after install' that came with the "new" firmware.

So, I sent another email to Hikvision on this issue....almost a year of trying to get some technical help out of those jerks....nothing doing. Problem was created, after all, because some dumb ass at Hikvision mislabeled a firmware update. And, I have screen prints to prove that fact.

Bottom line, I hope you find a solution. But, I've learned my lesson. If the damned thing is working, I will not touch it.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I trusted Hikvision firmware URL as telling the truth back in February. They weren't. A "new" firmware was available so I downloaded and flashed my DVR. Monitoring software functions perfectly, albeit the main window with panels for each camera are totally "fuzzy", as in not in focus. Double-click on any single panel, and upon resize, the picture gains clarity within a few seconds.
That is the stream changing from "sub stream" to "main stream", nothing wrong with that. If by "monitoring software" you mean iVMS-4200 or iVMS-4500, you can change that behaviour.

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is the stream changing from "sub stream" to "main stream", nothing wrong with that. If by "monitoring software" you mean iVMS-4200 or iVMS-4500, you can change that behaviour.
I appreciate that info although I suspected that was the problem. Issue I've run into is that the iVMS4200 GUI now has a lot of features that don't match up with the original 960H version. It is obvious that the GUI/firmware version was designed for IP cameras.

I will offer that a kind gentleman named Alistair did his level best [and, I would say his best is phenomenal as he is very knowledgeable] to help me correct the issue. There were others who assisted as well over a several month period but to no avail. Each of the mentors suspected the same thing as you have stated. We just couldn't find a way to modify it. I think it is because the GUI is designed for IP cameras but I'm discussing something I know nothing about.

If you have a solution, I'm all ears.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I appreciate that info although I suspected that was the problem. Issue I've run into is that the iVMS4200 GUI now has a lot of features that don't match up with the original 960H version. It is obvious that the GUI/firmware version was designed for IP cameras.

I will offer that a kind gentleman named Alistair did his level best [and, I would say his best is phenomenal as he is very knowledgeable] to help me correct the issue. There were others who assisted as well over a several month period but to no avail. Each of the mentors suspected the same thing as you have stated. We just couldn't find a way to modify it. I think it is because the GUI is designed for IP cameras but I'm discussing something I know nothing about.

If you have a solution, I'm all ears.
iVMS-4200 is one program and has nothing to do with "960H version". There is no "960H version" of iVMS-4200, but if you are used to an older version and prefer it over the new ones, just do not update, and you can keep using the old version. Also, updating your DVR firmware will change nothing on iVMS-4200.

If you have an analog DVR, your main stream might be 960H (960x576) and your substream will have a lower resolution (maybe CIF, like 352x288). If you have auto change stream type on iVMS-4200, when you see many channels at the same time, you will be seeing the substream; when you double click a channel to bring it to full screen, it will change to the main stream, a better resolution. That is the same behaviour with analog DVR, HDTVI DVR, NVR, and IP camera. If you want to ALWAYS see the main stream, just disable "auto change stream type", and choose to view always the main stream.

temp.jpg

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
iVMS-4200 is one program and has nothing to do with "960H version". There is no "960H version" of iVMS-4200, but if you are used to an older version and prefer it over the new ones, just do not update, and you can keep using the old version. Also, updating your DVR firmware will change nothing on iVMS-4200.

If you have an analog DVR, your main stream might be 960H (960x576) and your substream will have a lower resolution (maybe CIF, like 352x288). If you have auto change stream type on iVMS-4200, when you see many channels at the same time, you will be seeing the substream; when you double click a channel to bring it to full screen, it will change to the main stream, a better resolution. That is the same behaviour with analog DVR, HDTVI DVR, NVR, and IP camera. If you want to ALWAYS see the main stream, just disable "auto change stream type", and choose to view always the main stream.

View attachment 13107
Thank you! Perfect solution and great explanation!
As you gathered, I correctly stated that I knew nothing of which I spoke [typed] about.
Computers I do much better with but security cameras and DVRs, I know absolutely nothing....and it shows.

Your explanation and solution are greatly, greatly appreciated. I'll never forget this little tidbit.
Thank you again!