The Typical picture of a Perp on Nextdoor-type Apps with Consumer Grade Cameras like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Canary, Wyze, etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Two perps here, but one is in the middle car that ended up being stolen at 3am this morning.

The other perp was nice enough to stop and look at the camera when the floodlight came on. Does anyone recognize them?

1692032285703.png

Oh wait in the movies they digital zoom and get pictures clearer than your school picture, so certainly that will work LOL.

Ahhh much better. Certainly someone will recognize this person LOL

1692032429210.png

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Two perps here, but one is in the middle car that ended up being stolen at 3am this morning.

The other perp was nice enough to stop and look at the camera when the floodlight came on. Does anyone recognize them?

Oh wait in the movies they digital zoom and get pictures clearer than your school picture, so certainly that will work LOL.

Compared to a lot of the images in this thread, this one isn't terrible. This one falls into a little bit of a grey area. Someone who really knows the person could make a positive ID based on the picture, especially the first one. The second one is zoomed in too far, making it too pixelated, to be of much value. But there's little chance of an unfamiliar person could look at that picture then pick the person out in a crowd. I've gotten arrests that lead to convictions with far worse quality video because the mother recognized her son and his friends and brought her son to the station.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 170114

View attachment 170115
That's Will Smith! ;)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Compared to a lot of the images in this thread, this one isn't terrible. This one falls into a little bit of a grey area. Someone who really knows the person could make a positive ID based on the picture, especially the first one. The second one is zoomed in too far, making it too pixelated, to be of much value. But there's little chance of an unfamiliar person could look at that picture then pick the person out in a crowd. I've gotten arrests that lead to convictions with far worse quality video because the mother recognized her son and his friends and brought her son to the station.
I would agree. This was a wired cam so didn't suffer from the wifi pixel mess we normally see, and the persons walk and other characteristics are see clear enough for someone that knows them to recognize them. But an optical zoomed in shot would still be even better.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a good laugh posted to Next Door. I doubt they actually have the plates LOL:

8/20/2023 NOTICE TO DRUG DEALERS ON CHASE AND DALE"

Stop having your people sit on Chase Ave while u are walking up from Dale to make your exchange! U & your people are on camera. I have you & license plate info of your customers. Do that shit in front of your house! You have been warned. I’m done w it now! So anyone reading this if u know them u might wanna let them know & neighbors be aware also. There have been many cars broken into on these streets as well this summer.

1692674338249.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ring to rescue foiling these two in masks looking to steal something at 12:30am.

As we have seen and point out, the light turning on did nothing, but they froze in their tracks (this was the best freeze frame) when the audio came on and then they turned around and went somewhere else.

1693757076332.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check out the damage of someone at 4:29am completely missed the street and drove down the sidewalk.

Here is the damage of the dudes vehicle and showing the path. Here is the writeup:

"My truck was damaged in a hit skip this morning at 4:29 AM. The vehicle who hit me drove through a neighbor’s front yard, swerved to miss a USPS mailbox, and hit my truck on the passenger side. They also uprooted a tree stump. A police report has been filed and one of my neighbor’s cameras caught the vehicle but not the plate number. The police are very interested. If anyone has any information about a light colored, likely silver, Mazda sedan, who has damage to their driver side and is missing a tire mud shield I would be extremely grateful. My poor truck was rear-ended last week and now this!"

1693781152817.png

And then a few snapshots taken from the camera (with @looney2ns favorite taking a picture of the monitor). Of course they didn't get plates and not sure how they think that blur is a Mazda.

1693781321267.png

1693781377807.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Ring to rescue foiling these two in masks looking to steal something at 12:30am.

As we have seen and point out, the light turning on did nothing, but they froze in their tracks (this was the best freeze frame) when the audio came on and then they turned around and went somewhere else.

View attachment 171466
Damn it. I get suckered into trying to click and play the video on those every time. lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Today's crappy picture brought to you by Blink of a person taking a crap every morning in this persons yard LOL

Owner needs to move the camera up to as too much IR bounce on the fence LOL.

1694434073261.png

1694434119282.png