The watch external lan not work

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,
i have a problem with my huisun cameras. When i configure they on app IVMS for to work outside my home, i can't see nothing.
With my Hikvision cameras, the same configuration i don't have a problem.
Can you help me please
Thanks a lot.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
FWIW my Huisun PTZ's (used for LPR duty) do show up in Hik's SADP tool, so there is some level of compatibility...

that said, if you can reach your IVMS system from outside, and the IVMS can pull the Huisuns streams, i don't see why it shouldn't work...

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What happens when inside the home?

Disclosure - I have never used iVMS.
Isn't iVMS Hikvision-specific?
hi, inside the home i can view all from huisun. the problem is only outside with external ip
Yes the huisun camera have the same Hikvision specific.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FWIW my Huisun PTZ's (used for LPR duty) do show up in Hik's SADP tool, so there is some level of compatibility...

that said, if you can reach your IVMS system from outside, and the IVMS can pull the Huisuns streams, i don't see why it shouldn't work...
I don't knoe but i know that with external ip, form IVMS app the cameras huisin not work. From internal ip instead, work all.

For the moment i'm using other app (xeoma web server) which allows me to view to external.

I wish it worked more with IVMS

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I would check the configuration of your cams in the Camera UI (compare the UPnP, Port Mapping and Hik-Connect settings)

if you're talking about using IVMS as the client app running outside your network (like on a PC over wifi from the cafe down the street)
then that depends on if/how each of your cameras is accessible from the Internet, which is generally a BAD IDEA.

My guess is that your other hik cameras have UPnP and/or HikConnect enabled, and that's how IVMS finds them from outside,
While the Huisun(s) may have UPnP, port-mapping and/or HikConnect disabled (as it it should be - huge security risk!) or
maybe port-mapping enabled, but trying to use conflicting ports on your router's external interface...

Your router's GUI may shed some light on whcih camera have whcih ports open, if it's not clear from the camera configs...

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The UPnP configurations are disabled for both (the first image is for huisun and second is for hikvision).
The ports on the router i opened i and are all ok.
The only problem I thought is that my internet upload is very very low (800kbits) but the hikvision not have problems.

Attachments

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 2 of these huisun cameras and I can view externally through ivms

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
ok, perhaps there's something not right about the ports you've opened.

first of all, let me re-iterate that it's a really bad idea to open ports on your router for anyone on the internet to access your cams (even if you think you have decent passwords!)

That said, you do know that you must map DIFFERENT ports to each cam, right?
IE, if port X on your router's outside IP is forwarding to port X at your hik cam's IP, you cannot also have port X forwarding to another camera.
There's only one port X on the outside, so if port X forwards to port X on cam1, port Y can forward to port X on cam2, port Z can forward to port X on cam3.

if your router won't let you forward an external port to a different internal port then (a) it's lame and (b) you'll need to change the port on the camera as well.
Set port X to forward to port X on cam1, port Y to port Y on cam2, port Z to port Z on cam3 (after moving the ports on the cams themselves)

Hope that makes sense, and apologies if you know that already, but it's not clear from the info you've provided so far...

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately I already knew. For the moment I solved it by installing another program (xeoma). With this I can see the huisun cameras.