Theft Pics, info and Question abt Extension

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the sat before Christmas eve between 12 and 1:30 in the bright sunny afternoon my friend and neighbor across the street got broke into. Ransacked her home, stole her children's Christmas presents (devastated to learn they were getting some xbox thingy) Also went to the key hook area stole all the keys and the car below out of their closed garage, her boyfriend's. They had security system but didn't set it for the quick 1 hr trip to the store.

Christmas eve my alarm is triggered while I am at festivities on the street behind me. I'm sure alarm scared away intruder. Two nights later my other neighbor called to say they saw someone jump into my back yard (I live on a corner). Motion light didn't work (fairly new), evidently switch froze and when I flipped it checking it out I broke it.

So when Lorex 4k with 6 cams came up I bought it. Yet to receive it though it said "delivered". Wondering if A. They delivered to wrong address or B. Porch Pirates got it..either way I don't have it. I'm dealing with Lorex who was supposed to call me back by today, but you know the drill.

My question is under my open car port I need to put a camera but ceiling mount is too high. Is there a extender to lower a Lorex bullet camera?

I will add more/different cams as finances permit and will have lots of other questions I am sure.

In the second pic below you can see in the wrecked car the thief's cell phone. Car was found less than 2 hours later in a ditch. Cell was ringing off the hook according to tow company. Don't you think law enforcement would try to find out who it was through the phone? Nope, nothing. Tow company said looks like it was rolled. Do you think they may have gone to the hosp? Couldn't LE check? Nope, not here..my once nice lovely middle class neighborhood is now becoming the "hood".

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cell was ringing off the hook according to tow company. Don't you think law enforcement would try to find out who it was through the phone? Nope, nothing. Tow company said looks like it was rolled. Do you think they may have gone to the hosp? Couldn't LE check? Nope, not here..my once nice lovely middle class neighborhood is now becoming the "hood".
The irony of your surveillance system being stolen is not lost..you need to shame some departments into doing better work. Call their superiors, start a neighborhood facebook page.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My question is under my open car port I need to put a camera but ceiling mount is too high. Is there a extender to lower a Lorex bullet camera?
HI Yollie,

You can use a PFA121 junction box, 1/2" EMT conduit ( would need bulk cable for that run ), + perhaps a section of 2x4 to bring the camera lower.
( I like doing that as it makes it harder to disable the camera by simply cutting the cord )

Do you have a picture of the area which you can mark where you like to place the camera?

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HI Yollie,

You can use a PFA121 junction box, 1/2" EMT conduit ( would need bulk cable for that run ), + perhaps a section of 2x4 to bring the camera lower.
( I like doing that as it makes it harder to disable the camera by simply cutting the cord )

Do you have a picture of the area which you can mark where you like to place the camera?
No, But I will try to get one tomorrow and post it! Thanks for any help

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.