Thermal Mini Hybrid Bullet Camera

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
:cool: Very cool, so its both a thermal camera with a second visible 2MP lens also? Starlight with WDR as well... whats not to like?

Price will be interesting....

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A cool new toy (pun intended). Any idea of the cost? Two lens camera. my assumption is that the color low light numbers are at a 1 second shutter, but still.. And did you see the IR Dori distances?

Also, did you happen to notice the Wall-E models in the Ultra lineup?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
A cool new toy (pun intended). Any idea of the cost? Two lens camera. my assumption is that the color low light numbers are at a 1 second shutter, but still.. And did you see the IR Dori distances?

Also, did you happen to notice the Wall-E models in the Ultra lineup?

Yeah, this site is gonna break my budget :drool:

Last edited:

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tested this cam and it is amazing how sensitive that thermal sensor is. It can recognize thermal objects and heat sources very far away. I use thermal IVS-rules and it is very accurate. It can not measures temperatures and you can't use thermal alarms. It has fire detection feature but I don't know what is temperature limit. See below some videos.

Snowmobile about 200m away.
13.55.57-13.56.21[MT][0@0][0].mp4

Forrest guy
12.58.13-12.58.39[MT][0@0][0].mp4

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tested this cam and it is amazing how sensitive that thermal sensor is. It can recognize thermal objects and heat sources very far away. I use thermal IVS-rules and it is very accurate. It can not measures temperatures and you can't use thermal alarms. It has fire detection feature but I don't know what is temperature limit. See below some videos.

Snowmobile about 200m away.
13.55.57-13.56.21[MT][0@0][0].mp4

Forrest guy
12.58.13-12.58.39[MT][0@0][0].mp4

That is pretty cool. Tried to find pricing on it but failed. What happens if somebody farts in view of that camera?

Last edited:

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like this camera is at least $800 currently. I was hoping it was going to be $349.00. Darn.
BF2120 Price

I wonder what the average quarterly price drop will be on a camera like this.
Looks like this camera price hasn't changed from Q1 to Q3. It's still exactly $850. :embarrassed:

Maybe it will go on sale for Black Friday? :rofl:

5pcs Dahua Original TPC BF2120 2MP Thermal Mini Hybrid Bullet Camera IP67 35m IR Range support Micro SD memory Security Camera-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure the profit margin on thermal cameras is outrageous, especially the ones using (relatively) low res and inexpensive Flir Lepton sensors (like this one).

The only one cheap enough that I could tolerate buying one was the little Flir TCX bullets, now discontinued due to their lack of success, which is no surprise given how badly they crippled the software on it.

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Prices don't change much.
I know. That is the problem...I don't understand why a company like Seek Thermal or others don't go after this market. I know they are cheaper than they used to be but it would be nice if this tech was in the same ballpark as Starlight tech.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gah....I'm actually kinda happy it's so expensive! :lol:
Otherwise, I'd be SERIOUSLY tempted to buy half a dozen of them! That really would be seriously cool to have!!!

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh, we no sell this kind of camera, but can book for you if can wait.
Not quite ready to purchase one this expensive yet. I was curious if you will start to get requests to sell it or not. $850 is getting very reasonable for this kind of camera. It may be a couple more years before it really comes down in price. I think I will get one when it is closer to $500 US.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Not quite ready to purchase one this expensive yet. I was curious if you will start to get requests to sell it or not. $850 is getting very reasonable for this kind of camera. It may be a couple more years before it really comes down in price. I think I will get one when it is closer to $500 US.
never sell them, not suits for normal home using no need to use such expensive one.