Thief Caught On Camera

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I saw this person live on video stealing a plastic yard owl from my neighbors yard. I didn't waste my time calling the police because not only would they probably arrive a while later but the perp would just get a citation with the stupid laws we have in Los Angeles.

(I was controlling the PTZ, there is no audio)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
People do steal the strangest of things, a few months back my cams caught some low life woman stealing one of the plants from my driveway. Wife mentioned that one of her plants was missing, I looked out and said it all looked the same but sure enough checking the cams you can see her pulling the entire plant out from its roots and then walk off admiring her loot.

For some strange reason my phone won’t allow me to upload the clips?

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In LA, do property owners own from the curb in, or is like the places I've lived where the municipality owns from the centre of the road to a point 30 or so feet laterally? (inwards towards the persons property). My first experience of this was as a boy when I asked my Father what the metal thing in the front yard was, and he told me it was the municipal water shut off for our place, and the city actually owned everything from the street up till that point on our property. It had to be a foot or 2 on our side of the sidewalk.

So while theft blows, I am wondering if this applies to your local area, if she could indicate she thought the owl was left behind garbage missed in the last pick-up.

Someones got to give a hoot though :wow:

Reaction score
The one time I like the Islamic way of dealing with thieves....

The hudud crime of theft is referred to in Quran verse 5:38: As to the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example......

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In LA, do property owners own from the curb in, or is like the places I've lived where the municipality owns from the centre of the road to a point 30 or so feet laterally? (inwards towards the persons property). My first experience of this was as a boy when I asked my Father what the metal thing in the front yard was, and he told me it was the municipal water shut off for our place, and the city actually owned everything from the street up till that point on our property. It had to be a foot or 2 on our side of the sidewalk.

So while theft blows, I am wondering if this applies to your local area, if she could indicate she thought the owl was left behind garbage missed in the last pick-up.

Someones got to give a hoot though :wow:
Hi @NightLife

Depends.

In general, many streets are owned by the city or county. ( in the USA )

Yes, there are some streets which are privately owned - often they look different.

I don't recall what the rules are about the sidewalk - I think that space is either city or county owned also ... unless in an HOA private street sort of thing ..

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's interesting how these ip camera capture videos splinter us off into so many fascinating directions. Personally I could watch hours of these things. It's fun to observe..