Thieves take computer

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If a thief takes my dedicated Blue Iris computer hooked up to my 2MP Dahua Starlights will the micro SD card inside the Dahua start recording as a backup? Is that the only time the sd card will kick in and start recording? Or does it always record when the camera is triggered, and is redundant.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If a thief takes my dedicated Blue Iris computer hooked up to my 2MP Dahua Starlights will the micro SD card inside the Dahua start recording as a backup? Is that the only time the sd card will kick in and start recording? Or does it always record when the camera is triggered, and is redundant.
the card always records...thats what you want...how will the camera know that you are being robbed..

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the card always records...thats what you want...how will the camera know that you are being robbed..
The card records when triggered only?
The card records 24/7?
When the card fills up does it just start recording over old footage?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The card records 24/7?
The card records whatever you set it to record...log into the camera and set it up...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
The card records 24/7?
it will record continuous and just delete the oldest stuff, you can set the files to be whatever size chunks you want that way it doesn't just delete all of the video and start over new.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Is 64GB a good size?
I'm running 32gig, plenty since this is just one of multiple backup options that I use at the same time. if BI starts working with h265 on dahua cams it might be worth it to double the retention time you get on the SD cards.