Thousands in NC hit with overdrawn accounts after bank withdrawals by mortgage company

Reaction score
Me and my family have been struggling financially already and that withdrawal have totally put us in a terrible place. I have been seeking for a solution or a loan for a quiet some time and after many rejections from all sides we came up to www.kertaluotto.com , they helped us get the amount we need in no time and gave us the chance to pay the house mortgage to survive another month till our salary.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Lesson here is not to use auto pay and be an active participant when paying your own bills. Old school, maybe, but no surprises either. I'll take the no surprises method any day.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lesson here is not to use auto pay and be an active participant when paying your own bills. Old school, maybe, but no surprises either. I'll take the no surprises method any day.
The only stuff I have on autopay is my home internet and cellphone bills. Everything else I pay through my bank account online. Its so easy now..
Once I get a bill I set to pay before due date and don't worry about them..

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Everything else I pay through my bank account online.
IMO this is probably the safest way to do it, especially if you have two-factor authentication enabled.

You’re still an active participant (ie you initiate the payments) and you don’t have to worry about the small but present chance of your paper check being intercepted, “washed” and then used fraudulently.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IMO this is probably the safest way to do it, especially if you have two-factor authentication enabled.

You’re still an active participant (ie you initiate the payments) and you don’t have to worry about the small but present chance of your paper check being intercepted, “washed” and then used fraudulently.
I agree. I think the only bill I have to mail in is a personal loan.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
In 73 years I've never heard of anyone I know having a check intercepted and "washed". Then again the people I know drop their mail at the post office. Given the current state of internet security, can we all say "no click Pegasus" together, I'm even more skeptical of online bill paying. Then again, I'm paranoid. Got to adjust that tinfoil hat now.

DesertRat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In 73 years I've never heard of anyone I know having a check intercepted and "washed". Then again the people I know drop their mail at the post office. Given the current state of internet security, can we all say "no click Pegasus" together, I'm even more skeptical of online bill paying. Then again, I'm paranoid. Got to adjust that tinfoil hat now.
In 83 years it happened to me once. A check written at a Target store.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Compare that to the number of people hacked paying with online bill pay. One in a million versus one in a hundred.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In 73 years I've never heard of anyone I know having a check intercepted and "washed". Then again the people I know drop their mail at the post office.
I don’t know anyone who’s had a check washed or their online banking hacked.

I know it’s all about location, location, location, but check washing is a thing down here, to the point where thieves steal from the mailboxes AT some of the post offices (although the Postal Inspector here won’t say that).

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I always drop my mail in the inside box. Only takes a minute or two and no worries at all that way. Where my wife worked about 75 or 80% of those using online bill pay and online banking had their accounts hacked and cleaned out over the period of about two years.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have to pay auto pay, pay with your credit card. Then you have a way to gripe, and reject excess amounts.
Then send the money from your band account to the credit card to pay it off every month.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First step is to avoid the big mega Banks. If you listen to Clark Howard or Dave Ramsey you will find that most of the complaints on their shows is about the big mega banks screwing up, find a local community bank or a local credit Union. My daughter in law is an executive at the local better Business bureau, one of the most often heard complaints is about the big mega Banks screw ups. Another daughter is a bank compliance officer, meaning she makes sure banks are following the rules, procedures and regulations. She will also tell you, stay away from the mega banks. Bank of america, wells fargo, and citigroup are the worst of the offenders.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Dave Ramsey hit me hard back the first year he was on the radio. It sounded just like me, so I started trying what he preached, and it actually worked.
I have to harp on him any chance I get because he made a big change in my life. Yes I drove a beater Honda Civic for a few years, but now I wished I kept it. It was 3 colors, but always started, and got me around the state for my job. Think I gave $500 for it and got the same when I sold it.

Get out of debt and stay that way!!