Time Lapse Hikvision 7608

muise

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a Hikvision 7608NI-K2/8P. Firmware V3.4.101 build 180904. Encoding version v5.0 build 180903

I want to record a time-lapse (one photo every 30 minutes for 7 days). I cannot find any way in the settings to do this. Is it possible? Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What software are you using?
Might not matter as I think this is something you will need to do in the camera itself - and possibly using an SD card.
A quick google came up with these instructions for what I think you are trying to do but I've never done that myself.
If you do get it working I would love to see your resulting video even if just on tests - might tinker with it myself if I can make time.

EDIT: I just found how to do this easily in Blue Iris and listed how in post # 8 of this thread. If you don't have BI, then the other instructions are not too difficult either.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is something you will need to do in the camera itself
I believe you are correct.
I'm current playing with this on a Hikvision camera.
I'm using a NAS FTP destination for the camera to save the timed snapshots to.
And using the Storage | Schedule settings | Capture parameters to configure the activity.
1588706501777.png

And this is how the snapshots can be converted into a video when using Hikvision's FTP file-naming :
Code:
ffmpeg -v verbose -framerate 25 -pattern_type glob -i '192.168.1.66_01_202005*.jpg'  -r 25 -c:v libx265 video1.mp4
Add or subtract from the notional input framerate value relative to the output framerate to skip or duplicate the inbound frames in the created video.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hmmm, at 1 frame every 30 minutes played at a normal speed gives 1 second of video per 15 hours of real time.
I've seen videos of plants growing that were shot at 1 frame every 10 minutes :)
Looking forward to your output.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here is a sample.
These are cornflower seedlings.
Spot the fact that I'd forgotten I'd left the DS-2CD2335FWD in Day mode.

Attachments

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
that is really nice.
You used the settings above ? One snap every 4 minutes - nice.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well - I was just tinkering and saw that Blue Iris does this and does it just as if not simpler than the direct from the cam method.
1. I found it best to create a new folder somewhere for all of the snapshots you plan to make a movie from.
2. Ctrl-S for Blue Iris Settings > Clips and archiving > Folders section > choose an Aux 1-7 not already in use and use the 3 dots in the URL bar to locate that new folder you made.
3. adjust other settings for that folder if needed for folder size for how long to keep these snaps before moving or deleting and "OK" out of here.
4. right click on the cam > camera settings > record > check JPEG snapshot each (mm:ss)
5. set how often you want between shots and the quality
6. "OK" out of here and you are done.
No doubt this is in the instructions and I skipped over them earlier. I just updated post #2 to point to this one also. Have fun - ( I will :D)

Jacksonspop1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well - I was just tinkering and saw that Blue Iris does this and does it just as if not simpler than the direct from the cam method.
1. I found it best to create a new folder somewhere for all of the snapshots you plan to make a movie from.
2. Ctrl-S for Blue Iris Settings > Clips and archiving > Folders section > choose an Aux 1-7 not already in use and use the 3 dots in the URL bar to locate that new folder you made.
3. adjust other settings for that folder if needed for folder size for how long to keep these snaps before moving or deleting and "OK" out of here.
4. right click on the cam > camera settings > record > check JPEG snapshot each (mm:ss)
5. set how often you want between shots and the quality
6. "OK" out of here and you are done.
No doubt this is in the instructions and I skipped over them earlier. I just updated post #2 to point to this one also. Have fun - ( I will :D)
Having trouble myself. I just tried your rules and see how it works. Thanks.

Debussy

n3wb
Reaction score
first of all , great instructions, I too am using Hikvision camera ds-2cd1023g0-iu , currently have 5 of these , and have recently played with the time lapse snapshot , with 15 minutes intervals , and having them uploaded
to drivehq , a cloud based ftp server, everthing seems to be fine , in the first day, but then things started or should I say stopped working, 3 out of my cameras, which were capturing time lapse , just fine previously stopped
capturing snapshots , at 5:50 am , which I though was odd, so I calmly rebooted, to which the cameras started taking snapshots again and uploading them flawlessly , however the next day, the cameras stoped taking snapshots again , and
odd thing at the very exact time 5:50 am. I just can't seem to figure out what is happening, or if anyone have experience this before, I'd very much appreciate it if you can share your solution .

Thanks in Advance.

Debussy

n3wb
Reaction score
this is so confusing, on a daily basis, the snapshots, would stop at 5:50 is AM before 6:00 am, then would restart BY ITSELF into taking snapshots
at 7:00 pm ish . idea why ? I have set the capture schedule for 24 hours every minute, (testing stage, ) any help or response is appreciated. (read help :))

restartTimingCapture3.JPG

faisaljam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a Hikvision 7608NI-K2/8P. Firmware V3.4.101 build 180904. Encoding version v5.0 build 180903

I want to record a time-lapse (one photo every 30 minutes for 7 days). I cannot find any way in the settings to do this. Is it possible? Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks
Sir.
Today I asked one of Hikvison Expert about time lapse option for capturing timelapse of building in construction.
He said that Hikvison has now made a firmware for this purpose that can be used on their NVR. DS-7608NI-I2.
He said you can use any good quality Hikvison IP camera with panoramic or any wide angle lense and the rest can be configured with time lapse function can configured with new firmware. He also gave me the firmware for it. I can't upload firmware file here. I can send it to via email or Google drive link or something

I will try this and see what can be done.