Time limit?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Please explain.....

If you are asking about the BlueIris license, the answer is no. The license you purchase is perpetual. You will always be able to run that particular version of BI forever.

The regular license also comes with 12 months of support. During the period that you have paid support, you can update/upgrade your version of BI to the latest version. These upgrade will also be permanent. However once your 12 month support period ends, you cannot upgrade the version any more. If you do upgrade to a version that was released after your paid support period ended, you will start to operate under a "trial" period because you have installed a version you don't own a license for. You can simply "downgrade" to the last version released during your paid support period and go back to operating under your perpetual license. Of course you can always pay for another 12 months of support and be able to update/upgrade to the latest version again as well.

PS - You don't have to have continual paid support coverage to order to qualify for updates in the future. If you purchase BI and have own it 12 months, your initial paid support period will end. You don't have to immediately purchase another 12 months of support. I went nearly 18 months after my initial paid support period ended before I purchased more paid support. When I purchased more support, I received 12 months of support from the day I purchased it and was immediately able to upgrade to the latest version. The fact that I went nearly 18 months without any paid support did not matter at all.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The fact that I went nearly 18 months without any paid support did not matter at all.
Yup, it is a very consumer-friendly approach and not all companies are that way. For example to bring a Macrium Reflect license up to date at "renewal" pricing, you need to pay for backdated support coverage which can make the upgrade price very close to the price of a new license.

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you mean the demo/evaluation period, that's 15 days before you are expected to purchase a license. But it should have full functionality during the evaluation period.
I bought the license a few years ago and it worked well until recently blocked by an administrator. Why?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does Blue Iris has time limit?
Thank you friends, for trying to help me.
Since BI had been working well for me I thought I did not need further updates after the support period expired.
Today I deactivated BI, uninstalled it, restarted my PC, reinstalled BI, enter the license code and I still have the label "Blue Iris Evaluation Copy". If the license is perpetual, what do I need to do to remove the label?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since BI had been working well for me I thought I did not need further updates after the support period expired.
Today I deactivated BI, uninstalled it, restarted my PC, reinstalled BI, enter the license code and I still have the label "Blue Iris Evaluation Copy". If the license is perpetual, what do I need to do to remove the label?

That is because you installed the latest version that you haven't paid for. You can install any version up to when your support ended.

So see when it says your support ended and install the most recent version prior to that date. Or cough up the cash for another year of support.

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The "perpetual" license only covers the versions within your first year. You probably installed the most recent version. To get rid of the evaluation message, you must install an older version, no more recent than the last supported date.

Last edited:

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The "perpetual" license only covers the versions within your first year. You probably installed the most recent version. To get rid of the evaluation message, you must install an older version, no more recent than the last supported date.
Thank You, sir.