Time not updating with NTP servers

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wondering if my settings are off, time changed last night but NVR remained the same even though I have NTP set.

Heres a shot of my settings. Appreciate your input.

Attachments

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen DST issues on older Hikvision firmware....But try another NTP server, use time.windows.com and make sure DST settings are correct in nvr

Reactions: NVR

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Appreciate the input, I have tried that and also googles time server and a bunch others with no success. Not fetching at all.
NVR DS-7716NI-E4
FWV 3.4.98
Build 171121

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
time changed last night but NVR remained the same even though I have NTP set.
NTP servers do not change with local DST choices.
Remember - these serve the entire globe, all time zones.

You need to enable DST on your NVR if you want the system local time to change with DST.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was curious about, cant believe that you still need to adjust the DTS with this NTP option. We dont for windows, phones and didnt think we would here.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Alastair is correct that NTP servers don't know anything about timezones. It's up to the NTP client device to adjust the global time it gets from the NTP server for the local time, including any DST offset. check the DST config settings on your NVR or camera(s). In the US these days, DST starts the 2nd sunday in March and ends the 1st Sunday in November (subject to change by presidential decree...) Your phone most likely has it's DST settings from the local provider. An NVR shipped to you from China probably does not...

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
We dont for windows, phones and didnt think we would here.
These work due to DST being enabled on them, unlike on the settings for the NVR on your screenshot.
That's what handles the scheduled local time zone difference from the Universal Co-oridinated Time that the NTP server provides.

Reactions: NVR