Time stamps

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
folks - my BI time stamps are off but the Amcrest camera settings and Dahua are on. In BI console, I notice the time stamp is only on the top right but in alerts and stored videos, it's on the top right & bottom right. It displays the same time down to the second for every camera except for one which is off. Hence, I'm confused - Ideally, I'd like to display only a top right time stamp for both live & recorded videos in my New folder

Thx

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
First install Net Time on you BI machine and let it run in the background. Be sure to check "allow other computers to time sync" when configuring Net Time. Next shut off the time display in BI, in the settings for each camera. Then, log into each camera and set them to NTP and use the IP address of the BI machine. All your cameras will display the same time this way and you will reduce the CPU load on the BI machine since it won't be adding time displays to all of your cameras.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I already have NTP set and time is being delivered from each camera Kindly re-read my original question again. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^ regarding BI's "Help" file. For instance, under "What's New":

"5.3.7 - December 20, 2020
Video overlays are now always written to the BVR file. Each overlay object has a new flag "Require live display of overlay at the time of recording" which determines whether or not the overlay is displayed during playback. This allows you to decide whether or not the overlays should also be toggled during playback when you toggle the overlays on and off while actively recording."

More info under "Overlays" in that same Help file. Honestly, I can't recall a more suitable name for a file. :cool:

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is confusing. So I went to overlays and was able to right click on the date/time stamp and hit Delete and it's gone. Now in live video, I don't see any date/time stamp (not even the one from the camera) but it's there in the recording. How is it that BI was able to remove a date/time stamp that was supplied by the camera itself?

My end goal is see a single date/time stamp from the camera both in live & recorded bvr's

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is confusing. So I went to overlays and was able to right click on the date/time stamp and hit Delete and it's gone. Now in live video, I don't see any date/time stamp (not even the one from the camera) but it's there in the recording. How is it that BI was able to remove a date/time stamp that was supplied by the camera itself?

My end goal is see a single date/time stamp from the camera both in live & recorded bvr's

Thanks
BI cannot remove the camera timestamp. If you dont see it you are likely accidentally digitally zoomed in with the mouse scroll wheel.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks
BI has no idea what has been overlayed onto a stream that comes into it...if it's been enabled in the cam and it shows up when looking at the LIVE video in the cam's webGUI using a browser, then BI will display it and record it. You must enable it in the camera via the cam's webGUI.