Time to update...

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Time to upgrade.. I purchased several of these from Empire Candy and have been very happy with them so far ( Loryta IPC-HDW5231R-ZE( off-production) ).. That was years ago and things are advancing so fast.. I now am looking at the IPC- T5442T-ZE as a replacement based on your reviews.. There is also a IPC-T5442TM-AS that is listed as Starlight +... I have not been able to find any info on Starlight + so can someone explain this?

I am also looking a for PTZ Starlight with 25+ zoom and a mic.. Would you guys recommend this? Loryta SD49425XB-HNR 4MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ

Andy, could you give me direct pricing on these cameras or should I go through Amazon?

Thanks to all of you. I appreciate all your help over the years. These cameras have saved my ass a few times..

Eustace

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Time to upgrade.. I purchased several of these from Empire Candy and have been very happy with them so far ( Loryta IPC-HDW5231R-ZE( off-production) ).. That was years ago and things are advancing so fast.. I now am looking at the IPC- T5442T-ZE as a replacement based on your reviews.. There is also a IPC-T5442TM-AS that is listed as Starlight +... I have not been able to find any info on Starlight + so can someone explain this?

I am also looking a for PTZ Starlight with 25+ zoom and a mic.. Would you guys recommend this? Loryta SD49425XB-HNR 4MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ

Andy, could you give me direct pricing on these cameras or should I go through Amazon?

Thanks to all of you. I appreciate all your help over the years. These cameras have saved my ass a few times..

Eustace
Excellent time to upgrade.. Dahua Color 4K-X in-depth review ;)

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am extremely happy with a couple of Andys Loryta SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x and see that this 4mp that you mention is very competitive price wise.
I do not see a mic mentioned on the literature though. I added Microseven M7WP-MIC Waterproof Outdoor Microphone to mine and added an active poe splitter to complete the operation. This microphone works very well in my opinion.
EMPIRE "CANDY", I like that title very much.
Here is the link for the Mic and the poe splitters that I used.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Starlight is simply a marketing term. Go by the specs.

Unless you have a lot of light, go with the 49225 PTZ instead of the 49425. They are both on the same sensor, so the 4MP will need double the light to produce the same picture at night as the 2MP.

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Starlight is simply a marketing term. Go by the specs.

Unless you have a lot of light, go with the 49225 PTZ instead of the 49425. They are both on the same sensor, so the 4MP will need double the light to produce the same picture at night as the 2MP.
Thank You for educating me on the MP. I had no idea that more MP would require additional light...