Tinycam pro with Wyze on Nvidia - not working well - what are best settings?

Reaction score
I just returned a Dolamee X2 that was working well as a web-server for tinycam pro to serve up 6 camera streams (all Wyze). The device's HDMI failed so I decided to spend the bucks and get the NVIDIA TV box as everyone has said it's the best. I imported the config for my 6 wyze cameras, setup the web server and background mode (no audio) and am having issues getting all the streams to show. In addition when I do get one to show it is only showing every 8-12 seconds (not smooth as it was with the Dolamee I returned).
Since everyone has said the NVIDIA is the most powerful, I have to believe there's some settings somewhere that's causing me an issue. The NVIDIA is connected on a gigabit Ethernet and the UI moves quickly as do the apps I've tried.
Any ideas on where to start to get this working? I could return and get another Dolamee hoping it doesn't have a hardware issue, but I'd rather just get this working.

Reaction score
One update, I turned off the background process and the live cam view is quick and smooth. SO, it appears the issue is in the background process (saving of streams). Is there a way to fine tune that to be more efficient so I can use this as I intended?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Check that you do not view more than 4 Wyze cams in the app at the same time. If you view more than 4 Wyze cameras connection will be unreliable.

Reaction score
Thanks! Just my experience, but with the NVidia and 6 wyze cams, I get VERY good response and smooth video viewing (via the webserver). It's only if I choose to turn on background mode that it's slow and unreliable for viewing via the web browser. I did try background mode with 4 cameras and with 6 cameras in it's the same in both cases. When only selecting 4 cams for background mode, the two UN-selected cams pop up quickly from webserver/browser, it's the 4 that are being recorded that don't function well. it's definately something to do with the background mode, possibly on this device only(?).

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
The problem is that you cannot view more than 4 Wyze cameras reliably in the app at the same time from the same Wyze account. I think this is some Wyze server side limitation. In Wyze app you cannot view more 4 cameras as well.
Another problem is that tinyCam uses separate processes for web server, background mode and live view for reliability reason. But does not share camera connection. So you can have 3 connections to the same camera in the app. It is ok for most cameras however but causing dropping connection issue in tinyCam app. One day that will be fixed - tinyCam will share connection between processes.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
This issue is fixed in tinyCam 13.1.6 version. Now you can view up to 25 Wyze cameras on the same screen.