TiOC 2.0 siren at night only

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm trying to get my TiOC to trigger an alert on human motion 24hours a day, but only enable the siren / strobe alerts from 10pm - 7am

Is this possible? I have been digging thru settings & it does not seem possible.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What have you been able to accomplish with suggestions by @wittaj in your other thread? ==>> Dahua TiOC 2.0 HTTP commands
Were you able to open a CMD window and use curl to send any HTTP commands to the camera that worked?
Exactly what was replied, i could not get it to work, considering moving away from Dahua a i cannot gain full control of the camera, a shame because i have 10 of them installed.

I have resorted to using the cameras inbuilt motion detection, however now i'm running into issues with being able to customise it, hence this thread.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly what was replied, i could not get it to work, considering moving away from Dahua a i cannot gain full control of the camera, a shame because i have 10 of them installed.
I had to ask because you didn't reply to his suggestion until a moment ago....:idk:
Did you try using curl as was suggested?

Last edited:

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had to ask because you didn't reply to his suggestion until a moment ago....:idk:
Dis you try using curl as was suggested?
Yes, i have replied to 10 of his suggestions, all of which did not work in my scenario.

My apologies for not replying to one message, i will do better next time, i'm really glad your checking up on me, keeping me in line.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If that is all you are looking for, that is simple.

Simply make an IVS rule on a schedule for 10pm to 7am.

That is all done within the camera GUI via Internet Explorer and you don't have to screw around with all the API nonsense.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If that is all you are looking for, that is simple.

Simply make an IVS rule on a schedule for 10pm to 7am.

That is all done within the camera GUI via Internet Explorer and you don't have to screw around with all the API nonsense.
Legend, with these new cameras the IVS is actually quite hidden, you need to click 'system' twice, so i did not know it even existed.

Got it all set up, just have to test it now.

Question, i have flashing warning lights set up from 10pm, however if i planned on having people over after 10pm, how do i disable it, without manually having to got into the cameras web page, hopefully there is an easy way thru blue iris?

The only thing i can think of is a profile change via https command.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Legend, with these new cameras the IVS is actually quite hidden, you need to click 'system' twice, so i did not know it even existed.

Got it all set up, just have to test it now.

Question, i have flashing warning lights set up from 10pm, however if i planned on having people over after 10pm, how do i disable it, without manually having to got into the cameras web page, hopefully there is an easy way thru blue iris?

The only thing i can think of is a profile change via https command.
What browser are you using? You should see if trying a different one may help navigating the menus.

And, no, I doubt you can disable the flashing warning lights through BI easily. Would be easier to simply log into the camera and turn it on/off on an as needed basis.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What browser are you using? You should see if trying a different one may help navigating the menus.

And, no, I doubt you can disable the flashing warning lights through BI easily. Would be easier to simply log into the camera and turn it on/off on an as needed basis.
Edge, windows does not come with ie anymore.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Give Chrome or Firefox a try.
Edge is based on Chrome.

I don't have an issue with finding IVS, it's all sorted.

My issue was "Question, i have flashing warning lights set up from 10pm, however if i planned on having people over after 10pm, how do i disable it, without manually having to got into the cameras web page, hopefully there is an easy way thru blue iris?"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that functionality isn't native to BI. You need to either log in to the camera GUI and disable it when people are over or create a profile to turn it off

OR an option that works to is instead create a profile to have BI send the audio instead of within the camera - it is a lot easier to set it up that way.

You can always get Internet Explorer back

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah that functionality isn't native to BI. You need to either log in to the camera GUI and disable it when people are over or create a profile to turn it off

OR an option that works to is instead create a profile to have BI send the audio instead of within the camera - it is a lot easier to set it up that way.

You can always get Internet Explorer back

Would be lovely to have it all native to blue iris, however you might be on to something with the sending of the audio via blue iris! Hopefully soon you can trigger strobes/whitelight.