Tips Reolink Camera Optimization - substreams

allias

n3wb
Reaction score
Here are a few tips if you have Reolink cameras and Blue Iris.
I have RLC-520's but this should work with others as well.

Go to - Camera settings - video

1st, DO NOT enable "Limit decoding unless required" This option checked will cause all kinds of issues.

2nd, Enable "hardware acceleration decode" if your processor supports it. I use Intel +VPP

3rd, Use the new substream feature of Blue Iris.

Add this to your camera configuration:

Main Stream:
/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}

Sub Stream:
/bcs/channel0_sub.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}

4th Make sure all your cameras are set to "baseline" encoding. This is set on the camera itself.

5th Lower the FPS to 15 on the camera. This is a personal preference but going higher does not give you much better fluid motion for the storage costs.

Hope this helps.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been having some problems with the substream dropping to 7 FPS in Blue Iris on some of my Reolinks. Main stream is fine. Sub stream viewed in another program shows the full 15 FPs. Do you have that issue?

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Huge thanks, buddy!!

I've been so frustrated with my CPU usage and trying to balance low quality FPS/bitrate to keep things manageable.

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also using RLC 520s and having trouble getting substream to work as described here. When I put that URL in the substream field I get "No SIgnal" error. Main stream field just has an "/" and works when I clear the substream field. Any advice?

Edit: Been working on this for an hour and solved it 5 seconds after posting: Need to select "Reolink" under make instead of "Generic ONVIF"

Reaction score
I've been having some problems with the substream dropping to 7 FPS in Blue Iris on some of my Reolinks. Main stream is fine. Sub stream viewed in another program shows the full 15 FPs. Do you have that issue?
Hi Guys, To get up to 15fps on the substream you would have to log in on the reolink app and set the Fluent setting to 15fps. I used to get 7fps too until I messed around with a lot of settings and finally did 640x480 fps15 and bitrate 384. That worked. Also if you are viewing from the web browser set your view resolutions to 1440p. Hope this helps.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Guys, To get up to 15fps on the substream you would have to log in on the reolink app and set the Fluent setting to 15fps. I used to get 7fps too until I messed around with a lot of settings and finally did 640x480 fps15 and bitrate 384. That worked. Also if you are viewing from the web browser set your view resolutions to 1440p. Hope this helps.
Joined 30min ago

HI HOOKUP

App?? Lel
lel.jpg