Tips to get Mobile Server working via WAN

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been trying to get this to work for a bit today and cant figure it out. I am trying out the free version. Any tips? Thanks!

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it working on the LAN ? <<-- get this sorted first

Set up a remote access VPN connection (discussed here elsewhere regularly) and connect normally.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it working on the LAN ? <<-- get this sorted first

Set up a remote access VPN connection (discussed here elsewhere regularly) and connect normally.
yes it works on LAN; any added benefits to get it working via WAN if VPN or reverse proxy is being used? Added features?

Reaction score
You have to make sure "Internet Access" is properly configured in the management client under Servers > Mobile Servers (add IP address/hostname, set custom ports).
If the external URL gets displayed under "Server addresses" you should be able to reach it from the WAN (if ports are forwarded correctly in your router).

waliwiw

n3wb
Reaction score
After installing a web server, you may need to make it available to others on the local or wide area network. To get the right result, you need to know how to do this correctly, you can read about it at tipsogram.com. An example of a local network is a home router to which computers and mobile devices are connected. The global network is the Internet. Since Apache listens and responds to all network interfaces by default, we can assume that we will see our website if we type the global address into a web browser. If the Internet Service Provider's cable is connected directly to your computer, IP address access will probably work.

Last edited: