Tired of the clouds...upgrade to the ColorVu?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I made the mistake of buying domes a few years ago when i moved into the house. I'm stuck with these sorts of images, even after constantly cleaning the lenses, adding some foam to the lens, etc, etc. front door.JPG
northwall.JPG

I would prefer to stick to the hikvision series, I think, mainly so that I don't have to fiddle with a new NVR or buy a server and then BI. I read the server thread there but can't really figure out what kind of compute I'd need for 8 cameras at 4MP each.

I was thinking of moving to the ColorVu IPC-T2347G-LU. However, am not sure if this is the best choice. Outside of my driveway which gets some light from the street lights (this is the same camera without IR at the same time of night):

driveway.JPG

Most of the areas are fairly dark as you can see above. Would the colorVu be a huge advantage? Or should I think about moving to Dahua 2mp starlights or something like that and maybe this sort of server and BI? Dell OptiPlex 9020 MT Intel i7-4790 3.60GHz 16GB RAM 128GB SSD Win 10 | eBay

The easiest "plug and play" route I guess would be the Hiks and my existing 7616.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you want to stick with your Hikvision NVR I'd stick with Hikvision cameras. It seems like you have enough ambient light from the street lights for the ColorVue cameras to be a good option. If not the ColorVue I'd think about a darkfighter camera especially if you have darker areas than the front of your house

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not an NVR expert , but make sure that the NVR will support the newer cameras.
Some NVRs enforce geographic region rules, So Chinese cameras, hacked to English will not run on on an International version of the NVR.

I run BI on a I7-4790 CPU for 13 (2MP) cameras at 540 MP/S total with 20% CPU load.

If i was going to go to new cameras I would use 4MP cameras.
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+
IPC-T2347G-LU ...... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera. (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not an NVR expert , but make sure that the NVR will support the newer cameras.
Some NVRs enforce geographic region rules, So Chinese cameras, hacked to English will not run on on an International version of the NVR.

I run BI on a I7-4790 CPU for 13 (2MP) cameras at 540 MP/S total with 20% CPU load.

If i was going to go to new cameras I would use 4MP cameras.
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+
IPC-T2347G-LU ...... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera. (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
Great, so the one I linked above should be okay you think for say 8 cameras and 4mp?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It would be OK for processing eight 4MP cameras. The down side to older CPUs is the heat and the electric usage. The load depends a lot on the FPS you are planning on running. Calculate your load.

Look at Blue Iris Update Helper for what other people are running on that CPU.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It would be OK for processing eight 4MP cameras. The down side to older CPUs is the heat and the electric usage. The load depends a lot on the FPS you are planning on running. Calculate your load.

Look at Blue Iris Update Helper for what other people are running on that CPU.
Are there newer models for not much more you'd recommend?