To Ken if you look at your forums

Reaction score
Hi Ken

I don't mean to rant but this is starting to frustrate me.

I sent you payment and your not responding to any of my emails. Payment has been taken from my card through PayPal and I haven't received a serial key.

Please have the common courteousy to respond and look after a new customer.

I can understand time out from work but this must be stated as apposed to leaving people hanging.

I hope to hear from you very soon.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ken

I don't mean to rant but this is starting to frustrate me.

I sent you payment and your not responding to any of my emails. Payment has been taken from my card through PayPal and I haven't received a serial key.

Please have the common courteousy to respond and look after a new customer. You

I can understand time out from work but this must be stated as apposed to leaving people hanging.

I hope to hear from you very soon.
Ken does not read these forums.
You do understand that its Sunday!!!! Though, I have received responses over the weekends and even holidays.
As you stated in your other post, you did NOT use the standard ordering procedure but rather chose to do this over email. In your other post you were asked WHEN you placed the order? Im guessing it was Friday or Saturday...relax.

Reaction score
I totally understand what you mean.

But then again:

Working hours should be stipulated on his website to prevent any misunderstanding. I run a website and don't stipulate my availability that's because I'm available 24 / 7 and provide a service.

With regards to payment I used the official website which anyone would assume is the standard procedure, I followed all steps provided within. It stated if payment can't be made using the website the send direct payment through PayPal this wasn't my choice I was following instruction as directed to do so. In my opinion the issues regarding this are not really my problem and if a website can't be maintained sufficiently to prevent payment errors then this is no way to be conducting a business.

Relax? Maybe

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I totally understand what you mean.

But then again:

Working hours should be stipulated on his website to prevent any misunderstanding. I run a website and don't stipulate my availability that's because I'm available 24 / 7 and provide a service.

With regards to payment I used the official website which anyone would assume is the standard procedure, I followed all steps provided within. It stated if payment can't be made using the website the send direct payment through PayPal this wasn't my choice I was following instruction as directed to do so. In my opinion the issues regarding this are not really my problem and if a website can't be maintained sufficiently to prevent payment errors then this is no way to be conducting a business.

Relax? Maybe
I sincerely hope you are playing dumb. 24/7 operation simply because working hours are not stipulated? Really? 24/7 is never assumed unless explicitly stated for ANY business. I suggest you not run Blue Iris anyways since it requires a level of common sense greater than you seem to possess. You email on Saturday and expect a response the same day. (I am assuming that it was Saturday since you are keeping the day you emailed a secret like national security info).
Every website has payment issues from time to time. Heck i've had issues with amazon.com.
Since you are not happy with the way he runs his business, move on to anther VMS, there are plenty to choose from.

Reaction score
@fenderman Lol playing dumb nope but your insults are certainly not appreciated!! Okay so answer this a website doesn't state hours of operation, what should the customer assume? You've certainly contradicted yourself in your response "Really? 24/7 is never assumed unless explicitly stated" nothing was stated so how should one proceed?

Sent email on Saturday? Are you presuming this? As you said this should never be presumed unless stated otherwise!!!

With regards to a response to emails, yes I do expect a same day response. This is called being polite!!! National secret? Go play your games else where! Grow up!

I never said I wasn't happy! just annoyed and that's because of poor communication.

Before you start your personal insults think carefully.

I am a customer who paid for something!! and haven't had any response. Sounds like your the dumb one lacking common sense!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
With regards to the software

I can honestly say Blue Iris is really good and probably the best out there for the price!! Just because I experience some shortfalls along the line doesn't mean I should jump ship!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm too dumb and lack the common sense to do that lol
Hey...I've been using email since 1990 and I still forget to check sometimes...is suggesting that you check suggesting that you're dumb or lack common sense? Or are you simply so perfect that such a suggestion must be received such an insinuation?

Reaction score
Hi, nah I'm far from perfect and I realise that, was just a little wired after admins last personal and negative reply.

I did check and double check :) just incase I missed something.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But you also have to understand its a one man business and putting them on blast in not one but two different threads is going to rub people the wrong way. Your expectation of customer service needs to be tempered a bit, you're not dealing with a Fortune 500 company with 24/7 tech support lines.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman Lol playing dumb nope but your insults are certainly not appreciated!! Okay so answer this a website doesn't state hours of operation, what should the customer assume? You've certainly contradicted yourself in your response "Really? 24/7 is never assumed unless explicitly stated" nothing was stated so how should one proceed?

Sent email on Saturday? Are you presuming this? As you said this should never be presumed unless stated otherwise!!!

With regards to a response to emails, yes I do expect a same day response. This is called being polite!!! National secret? Go play your games else where! Grow up!

I never said I wasn't happy! just annoyed and that's because of poor communication.

Before you start your personal insults think carefully.

I am a customer who paid for something!! and haven't had any response. Sounds like your the dumb one lacking common sense!!

You should proceed assumming a monday through friday work week. You are telling me not to "presume" however you are making assumptions based simply on the fact that no work hours are mentioned.
All this time and you STILL REFUSE TO TELL US WHEN YOU MADE THE PAYPAL PAYMENT OR SENT THE EMAIL.
YOU PAID FOR SOMETHING ON A SATURDAY. YOU ARE OWED NOTHING. RELAX.
SAME DAY RESPONSE ON A WEEKEND? YOU ARE CERTIFIABLY INSANE. That is not the norm and you know it. You are being cranky child.
If you are going to expect same day responses to your emails then i suggest you ask for a refund now.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to weigh in on this one.....

When I bought my BI license early last month (August 2016), I made the initial attempt to order on a Saturday. Had an issue, probably the same as the OP, and emailed support (around 5am EST). I had a response before 9am EST. I made payment through PayPal the next day, Sunday, around 7am EST and had my key by 10am EST.

To me that level of support was above and beyond what was expected. Although I made the payment at stupid o'clock on the Sunday, in no way did I expect a response same day.

I also run a number of websites, including support on online AV store. Although not stated, there's no support on Saturdays/Sundays and no-one expects as much. And I'm talking orders here in the 1000's, not a $60 order....... Anyway, point I'm making, don't expect people to work weekends. People who run small businesses usually get little time off as it is....

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered on a Friday at 9:35pm Eastern time and had my key in my email by 9:47pm Eastern. That was a little more than 10 minutes. Even if Ken is on the West Coast, that is after what I would consider working hours, especially for a Friday night.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this is what happens when you become an elite amazon prime member, if you cant get that instant gratification out of an internet click then the brain struggles to cope with the time dilations..

makes anyone running there own internet store a slave to all hours impulse buys or feel the wrath of a consumer spoiled by billion dollar companies with the resources to keep the NOW generation happy and passive.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this is what happens when you become an elite amazon prime member, if you cant get that instant gratification out of an internet click then the brain struggles to cope with the time dilations..

makes anyone running there own internet store a slave to all hours impulse buys or feel the wrath of a consumer spoiled by billion dollar companies with the resources to keep the NOW generation happy and passive.
Truth thumbsup.gif