Too many Alerts

Reaction score
I have 4 Hikvison IP security cameras; 2 indoors and 2 outdoors.

I originally setup Blue Iris to send me alerts for all 4 cameras via Push notification and via Email.

Turns out the outdoor cameras are sending too many alerts (big surprise). Every time the old guy with the walker walks by the house...

Trouble is, I have completely disabled the Alerts for the 2 outdoor cameras and I'm still getting Alerts for both of these cameras. I still want the motion detection on these cameras to trigger recording however I don't want the Alerts for these cameras. Though I do want to keep the Alerts for the 2 indoor cameras.

Here is my Alerts config for one of the outdoor cameras...

Capture.PNG

Yet I'm still getting Alerts for this camera...

What am I doing wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 4 Hikvison IP security cameras; 2 indoors and 2 outdoors.

I originally setup Blue Iris to send me alerts for all 4 cameras via Push notification and via Email.

Turns out the outdoor cameras are sending too many alerts (big surprise). Every time the old guy with the walker walks by the house...

Trouble is, I have completely disabled the Alerts for the 2 outdoor cameras and I'm still getting Alerts for both of these cameras. I still want the motion detection on these cameras to trigger recording however I don't want the Alerts for these cameras. Though I do want to keep the Alerts for the 2 indoor cameras.

Here is my Alerts config for one of the outdoor cameras...

View attachment 20683

Yet I'm still getting Alerts for this camera...

What am I doing wrong?
remember that alerts are profile dependent...if you are using more than one profile you need to disable alerts for each profile..
if you properly tune motion detection you wont be getting unwanted alerts..

Reaction score
Fenderman, thanks for the quick reply.

I am only using one profile and the Alerts are disabled across all of the profiles for the outdoor cameras.

I have properly tuned motion detection. But the motion detection is setup to Trigger recording, and NOT Alerts for these two outdoor cameras.
At least that's the idea... I only want alerts sent of there is detection on the inside cameras.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how Triggers and Alerts work. But you should be able to Trigger recording and not send an alert for a specific camera, correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, thanks for the quick reply.

I am only using one profile and the Alerts are disabled across all of the profiles for the outdoor cameras.

I have properly tuned motion detection. But the motion detection is setup to Trigger recording, and NOT Alerts for these two outdoor cameras.
At least that's the idea... I only want alerts sent of there is detection on the inside cameras.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how Triggers and Alerts work. But you should be able to Trigger recording and not send an alert for a specific camera, correct?
yes that is correct...are you getting motion alerts or some other type of alert? Watchdog/status etc

Reaction score
I was getting Push Alerts on my Android phone which included Motion Alerts and Watchdog alerts even for the camera's I thought I had disabled Alerts on.
This was almost always followed by an Email Alert.

I've just updated BI to the latest version and reset ALL of the profile settings, and disabled all of the Hikvision built-in motion detection...

I'll see how this goes and report back.

Reaction score
Still getting Push and Email Motion alerts on my Android for the outside cameras that have Alerts completely disabled across all profiles.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still getting Push and Email Motion alerts on my Android for the outside cameras that have Alerts completely disabled across all profiles.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Did you ever create a hidden camera? Select different profiles from the dropdown and confirm nothing is selected...

Reaction score
Here is a screen-shot of every Profile for the Front camera, the Watchdog settings and the Schedule.
I don't believe I have created any hidden cameras.
I have created two Groups: Outside and Inside. Are there Alerts specific to Groups?
And I have double checked all of my settings for the other cameras in both groups.

Capture_1.PNG Capture_2.PNG Capture_3.PNG Capture_4.PNG Capture_5.PNG Capture_6.PNG Capture_7.PNG Capture_8.PNG Capture_9.PNG Capture_10.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a screen-shot of every Profile for the Front camera, the Watchdog settings and the Schedule.
I don't believe I have created any hidden cameras.
I have created two Groups: Outside and Inside. Are there Alerts specific to Groups?
And I have double checked all of my settings for the other cameras in both groups.

View attachment 20711 View attachment 20712 View attachment 20713 View attachment 20714 View attachment 20715 View attachment 20716 View attachment 20717 View attachment 20718 View attachment 20719 View attachment 20720
the only thing i can think of is that you set status alerts...go the top left of the server screen, hit the fourth icon from left shaped like 3 vertical bars...select messages tab, click status alerts on bottom...make sure nothing is checked....
otherwise, I would email support or try reinstalling..export your settings first and ensure you have a copy of the key.

Reaction score
AHH THAT's IT!! That's where that setting is buried. THANK YOU!

Here's a screenshot of the settings I had (with the email address redacted)

I've un-ticked all of these... We'll see how we go with that.

Capture_11.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman! I really appreciate you're help.

Are you one of the Developers of Blue Iris?
No problem. No...I have no connection to blue iris or its developer - I just use the software extensively....blue iris is developed by Ken Peltzer/Perspective Software.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ive been trying to deal with the same problem.

cant seem to find the above setting, where is it located at?

thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
see my post above

SAVideoman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No problem. No...I have no connection to blue iris or its developer - I just use the software extensively....blue iris is developed by Ken Peltzer/Perspective Software.
Hi Fenderman, I see Ken's name referenced quite a bit around here but I haven't seen any posts from him. Is he a member here also? Is he just lurking?