Took an update this morning now lost 2 GE IP cams- how do I roll back a version?

padawan

n3wb
Reaction score
I am usually very good about allowing updates on BI...

Anyway, I allowed an update to 4.5.8.5x64 this morning and now I cannot get 2 GE IP brick cams to work.

These are a bit dated cameras so instead of troubleshooting them on July 4th morning...

The error is 'Error 80002745 (Socket error: 10053) 0. I can connect just fine to them both with VLC.

How can I roll back to a previous version of BI?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

-P
Indiana...

padawan

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread guys... Anyone have any pointers how to find a previous update? It would be nice to be able to automatically save the prior version updates in the BI directory. Maybe a field setting that allows to save 'x' previous versions. Just a thought...

Thanks and regards,

-P
Indiana

EDIT: Much Thanks to fenderman below. Installed BiUpdateHelper for use going forward.
Found a thread with 4.5.5.1 and everything works now. I remember the old days with hydra cards. Now all IP. I'm getting old. ;-)

Best regards,
-P
Indiana.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread guys... Anyone have any pointers how to find a previous update? It would be nice to be able to automatically save the prior version updates in the BI directory. Maybe a field setting that allows to save 'x' previous versions. Just a thought...

Thanks and regards,

-P
Indiana
You can save prior versions easily by simply downloading all updates from the website rather than via the software. You can also use this tool by @bp2008 Blue Iris Update Helper (BiUpdateHelper)
for now, search the forum for dropbox....users post prior firmware