[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to use this program to monitor a FTP folder that is a mapped drive. I am running this on Win 10. I am getting this error message:

ERROR> Last Image message: ' Could not gain access to the image in 6170ms, retries=101: ShippingContainers_00_20240614141443.jpg'. (30902ms, with 505 retries)

Any guesses?

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to use this program to monitor a FTP folder that is a mapped drive. I am running this on Win 10. I am getting this error message:

ERROR> Last Image message: ' Could not gain access to the image in 6170ms, retries=101: ShippingContainers_00_20240614141443.jpg'. (30902ms, with 505 retries)

Any guesses?
Guess 1: You are running AITOOL as a service, and the service doesnt have access to the mapped drive letter. Dont use mapped drive letters for anything, only UNC paths \\server\share

Guess 2: Something else is keeping the image locked (reading or writing). Look a few lines above that in the log for a reference to "Lastfail=(something)" and you will see the actual failure error like (SharingViolation), (LockViolation), (Readonly), (Unexpected-xxx), etc.

Make sure you have write access to the share.

If the share is not a windows machine maybe there is some other kind of permissions issue going on.