[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably nothing but-

I just installed the very latest (from the post above) I like to start clean as as I can, so I delete any all pictures in my AI folder, clear out all the snaps shots, video's, errors etc. from BI before I install a new version. I removed the Cameras folder as directed and then unzipped everything into the existing folder (after backing up) On start up I am getting several hundred of these errors, the errors all differ a bit ref. info on the line but this is a good example of what I see :

DeepStack>> 2020-10-31 09:35:11.1455872 [W:eek:nnxruntime:InferenceSession, session_state_initializer.cc:500 onnxruntime::SaveInputOutputNamesToNodeMapping] Graph input with name 294 is not associated with a node.

So far seems to be running OK?, it appears to sort itself out in a few seconds and I normally won't see this anymore.

So Question is- Normal? or am I jacking it up somehow?

TIA- Love you guys!

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@balucanb yeah I forgot to exclude deepstack (for windows) debug messages. They are nothing to worry about and always happen. Try the DOCKER version rather than windows. It has a newer version. I think instructions may be at top of this thread and mentioned a few other places in the last few 1000 pages here.

@tripp396 - See this: - page 186

Netscan

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm getting constant external triggers now from "irrelevant" detections - if there's motion in a scene, AI and deepstack do their thing and determine it's a false alarm, but AIT is triggering Blueiris for some reason - like every second until there's an actual alert or i restart AIT. Think it has something to do with the cancel string?
I reverted to the previous version i was running (1.67.8.33855) and it's back to working correctly

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Netscan you didnt give much info about your configuration. How is BI setup, what is your trigger/cancel url set to? What are the log entries? Are you on the latest version of BlueIris? Flagalert=0 has only been in recent versions.

I believe this is the correct cancel URL:

I dont believe the '?trigger" should be in the cancel URL

Can anyone else verify cancel alerts are working the the 2.0 release, and what the correct URL is?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Netscan you didnt give much info about your configuration. How is BI setup, what is your trigger/cancel url set to? What are the log entries? Are you on the latest version of BlueIris? Flagalert=0 has only been in recent versions.

flagalert=0

Can anyone else verify cancel alerts are working the the 2.0 release, and what the correct URL is?
I'm using cancel URL:

and it works well.

Netscan

n3wb
Reaction score

OK, i did have trigger in the cancel URL, i've taken it out and it seems to have fixed it, thanks! Weird how it was working in the other version, huh?

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having? With the latest VorlonCd release 2.0 and one I compiled myself a couple of weeks ago, I seem to have lost the caption on Telegram messages. I don't think I've changed any settings related to this but I'm attaching an example screen capture of one of the cameras setting page. Even if I replace the Caption setting with simple text nothing is displayed in Telegram except the picture. I've already tried completely removing and reinstalling the tool. Although I expected to have to add all the cameras back in they were restored from the registry. There's nothing I can see in the log file either.
Untitled.png

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having? With the latest VorlonCd release 2.0 and one I compiled myself a couple of weeks ago, I seem to have lost the caption on Telegram messages. I don't think I've changed any settings related to this but I'm attaching an example screen capture of one of the cameras setting page. Even if I replace the Caption setting with simple text nothing is displayed in Telegram except the picture. I've already tried completely removing and reinstalling the tool. Although I expected to have to add all the cameras back in they were restored from the registry. There's nothing I can see in the log file either.
View attachment 73907
Have you tried installing the latest version released yesterday. This is a fast moving project and is better supported when you are running the latest and greatest revision.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a QNAP storage array. I'd like to install Deepstack on the QNAP using the Container Station application on the QNAP. I don't have any experience with that app yet but what kind of virtual OS should I create for Deepstack?

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, QNAP supports Docker. Should I install Ubuntu as my Linux OS and then follow those instructions?
Hi, Never use QNAP, but I have Unraid that supports dockers. You don't install another OS, you just need the docker. You will need the docker repository listed on deepstack forum. I use: deepquestai/deepstack:latest You will need to make sure VISION-DETECTION: is equal to True and if you plan to do face detection you will need FACE-DETECTION: is equal to True. I set Mode to High for better accuracy and process images around 300ms on avg. Hope this helps.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi, Never use QNAP, but I have Unraid that supports dockers. You don't install another OS, you just need the docker. You will need the docker repository listed on deepstack forum. I use: deepquestai/deepstack:latest You will need to make sure VISION-DETECTION: is equal to True and if you plan to do face detection you will need FACE-DETECTION: is equal to True. I set Mode to High for better accuracy and process images around 300ms on avg. Hope this helps.
I now have it installed and running on the QNAP. What's next? How do I access the container to make those config changes. Sorry, never used Docker and just winging it right now! :) When I click the URL it takes me to the Deepstack page and I don't see where to change settings. See attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I now have it installed and running on the QNAP. What's next? How do I access the container to make those config changes. Sorry, never used Docker and just winging it right now! :) When I click the URL it takes me to the Deepstack page and I don't see where to change settings. See attachments.
Again, not sure how QNAP works, but what does settings do if you click it? Do you have a place to add variables? Something like the startup string or individual variables?

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found this:

Look for this section and then read below? They talk about adding environment variables . The vision / face / mode are all environment variables. Each variable will have a name and a value. For example:

1604331695371.png

Here you will be given multiple sections you can set up. For this container we will be using Environments / Network / Shared Folders. Under the "Environments" section, fill it in as I have but adjust your PUID/PGID accordingly. Please note - the variables PUID/PGID reference the UID/GID values you acquired earlier.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm not having any luck yet with the QNAP Docker instance of Deepstack. Wish I was smarter about all of this LOL.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sometimes there is a lot of luck involved ;) don't put yourself down. Most of us wish we were smarter.
Completely agree with that! Hopefully someone with a similar situation and experience will chime in. Thanks!