Tools were stolen from the truck of a solar contractor.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score

While I was having a solar company install some panels on my roof, these guys made multiple rounds and on the third time, they stole the tools from the bed of the contractor's truck.
The same suspect vehicle was seen in the area back in January with the same license plate, so I am guessing that it's at least not a stolen plate. However, given that this is California, it is likely that nothing will be done about it.​

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

While I was having a solar company install some panels on my roof, these guys made multiple rounds and on the third time, they stole the tools from the bed of the contractor's truck.
The same suspect vehicle was seen in the area back in January with the same license plate, so I am guessing that it's at least not a stolen plate. However, given that this is California, it is likely that nothing will be done about it.​
Perhaps the contractor can do an insurance claim against the car driver ??

hmmm ..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you or contractor call the police and if so did they show up and take a report?
Yes did call the Police, Police has not showed up yet. Its been a lil bit over 8 hrs now..

However, I did tell my neighbor, who happens to be a LEO, and he is now going to look into this and work with the PD, as this neighbor already knows where this plate is registered to.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
That is just sad. But as you said, look at the community you live in unfortunately and they just don't care.
Meanwhile CA politicians are too busy doing this

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Meanwhile CA politicians are too busy doing this

Excerpt from the above:

"Opponents generally say taxpayers who were never slave owners should not have to pay money to people who were not enslaved."
THIS !^^^^
nail-on-the-head.jpg

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I’m thinking vigilante justice will make a comeback……especially where laws are not enforced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score

human filth..

should be found, shot, and killed on site.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
What did they steal? It looked pretty big.

Why doesn't the contractor's truck have a front plate?
I think some drill and batteries and so on..

In Some States Front plates are not required. However here in CA its required.. So many people don't have front plates still.

As far as this contractor seems like his front plate frame bolts were falling off he does have a plate sandwiched between windshield and dashboard.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think some drill and batteries and so on..

In Some States Front plates are not required. However here in CA its required.. So many people don't have front plates still.

As far as this contractor seems like his front plate frame bolts were falling off he does have a plate sandwiched between windshield and dashboard.
I recall when I lived in No. Ca for 29 years that a HUGE amount of people that got their first-time CA plates didn't realize there were 2 plates because the 2 were nested together so tightly and were super thin aluminum, so they put both of them on the rear by accident (or so they said). :cool: